Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot to post yesterday. Hauled another almost full load home from that lodged and the prop tree, makes 4 loads, two big, 2 1/2. Made a nice addition to the 'to be split' ricks.

Moved on to a new area to clear brush and deadfall. Three hours in rather miserable conditions - cold wind blowing so wearing a heavy hoody. Ran only the DeWalt 18" electriic. The one battery made it all the way but died on the last cut. Running that for brush sure beats starting up gas saw eveery 30 or so seconds.

Any touch-typists need a keyboard? I decided to replace my work space keyboard and mouse and will let the vintage keyboard go to the first respondent. The mouse died after grossly exceeding the MTF on clicks which prompted me to take action...

P.S. No known biohazards... saw dust, regular dust, drywall dust, and various other things a plenty. Letters are worn off fully or mostly on 11 keys... It looks pretty good under cocktail lounge level office lighting conditions. This as an IBM human factors engineer recommended such lighting to my students when he was a guest speaker in my class. 😉

keyboard.gif

Any touch-typists need a keyboard? I decided to replace my work space keyboard and mouse and will let the vintage keyboard go to the first respondent. The mouse died after grossly exceeding the MTF on clicks which prompted me to take action...

P.S. No known biohazards... saw dust, regular dust, drywall dust, and various other things a plenty. Letters are worn off fully or mostly on 11 keys... It looks pretty good under cocktail lounge level office lighting conditions. This as an IBM human factors engineer recommended to my students when he was a guest speaker in my class. 😉

View attachment 1122177
Not sure why you are replacing it. Still looks like the day it was new. :omg:

I'm hoping this WE is the right one to pick to go up to the property, there will be 3 of us.

No bear on the trail cams today, but a doe near one stand and a male turkey near another, and two male turkey near my newest stand (white oak)!

Hopefully they stick around, and our timing is good!

Spent today milling more white oak that I plan to use to put roofs on both the red oak and white oak stands. Got so busy trying to get it done that I did not even think of taking pics. Maybe tomorrow.

Spent a lot of time trying to set up, finding pieces straight and long enough, and cutting them to length and moving them around. I may cheat and hook the truck up to some of them tomorrow, I just can't get them out with hand tools. Those 2 huge Sugar Maple logs have things blocked in.

I dedicated that pan to eggs from the time I took it out of the box... it's been about 3 years now and the over easy eggs I'm eating right now slipped around the pan just fine. I think that is the only way to have a dedicated pan.... never cook anything else in it and use Teflon spatulas so there is no risk of scratching.

The big cast iron pan is impractical on the stove... it was great on the fireplace when camping. Now that I'm thinking about that pan I'm wondering if it would fit in the Weber grill with the top down?? It could be handy for one pan cooking of the sausage and peppers!
I have a 15" Lodge that I use outdoors on a propane turkey fryer. I fry fish in it; not deep fry but just pan fry. Only a little oil as needed. Man your making me hungry now.

Steve, where was the GTG that Clarence (Multifaceted) and I came to. It was in Pa, don't think it was yours. They had big tractors bringing in big logs. I brought 2 or 3 of my Super 1050's to Clarence's house. We decided to take his little car, and only one 1050 would fit in the trunk. The 36" would not fit so I took a 24". James was there and asked if he could run the 1050. I told him if he could start it, he could run it. He made one cut, shut it off and came over and said, "It needs a BIGGER bar". That's all he said. That one has a 45" on it now. I haven't started since, I've been waiting for James to be the first one on the 45. Are you still in contact with him?
I'm around, not often but I check in on occasion. I'll gladly pull it over for the opportunity to run it with the 45.

P.S. No known biohazards... saw dust, regular dust, drywall dust, and various other things a plenty. Letters are worn off fully or mostly on 11 keys... It looks pretty good under cocktail lounge level office lighting conditions. This as an IBM human factors engineer recommended to my students when he was a guest speaker in my class. 😉

View attachment 1122177
Not an ergonomic one…pass…

Hi guys. Yesterday I took my son and a friend of ours into the boundary waters canoe area. It was 28° at the boat landing and a quarter mile later we were in pea soup fog for the next couple of hours. Turned out to be a great day with mild wind. We ended up spending a lot more time exploring than we had planned so the last hour of paddling was in the dark, but a very fun day.

IMG_4047.jpegIMG_4054.jpegIMG_4087.jpegIMG_4111.jpegIMG_4113.jpegIMG_4122.jpegIMG_4130.jpeg

Back