Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were dirt broke poor when I was a kid living with my grandparents, so things like processed meats/foods wasn't something we could afford real often. Stuff like spam, velveta and tuna fish were a real treat for us. Don't eat spam real often, but I love it to this day.
I grew up the same way. I don't think I have had Spam in 50 years.

Good morning guys. Another night with temps in the teens below zero.

Two more nights below zero and then we’re going to have highs in the 30s for several days. I’ll take it.

Made a breakfast melt for myself with spicy Jimmy Dean, seasoned cream cheese, cheddar cheese, as well as an over medium egg.

It’s one of my corgi’s birthday today as well as my son’s 18th birthday. He is with his mom today but I made Elsie a scrambled egg sandwich for a birthday treat.

IMG_6162.jpegIMG_6161.jpegIMG_6084.jpegIMG_6165.jpegIMG_6167.jpegIMG_6168.jpeg

Gee this statement is dripping with hypocrisy. I seem to know someone else like that around here.
What, you think I should argue about it?

I've seen more than one vid on how it's made, also read articles on how it's made and what goes into it, so I already know how it's made so why argue??

SR

Wife got a call from the neighbor, pellet stove isn't working, so over I go.
She had already cleaned the pipe, about a 4' piece that runs up the side of the house off a "T"/ clean-out. The tool she used for cleaning it would only touch one side at a time, kinda janky. I pulled the 4' pipe off, then the "T", it was full of debris. Pulled the stove out from the wall and the exhaust was really closed up with carbon, scrapped all that out as best as possible. Pulled the burn pot out of the front, it was all clean, as was the bottom of the burn pot area. Removed the baffles and :surprised3:, had never been cleaned, who knows how many pallets of pellets later :omg: (that being said, he can't take care of it after his stroke). Got everything cleaned on the front side after plugging her reg vacuum bag up once. Now onto the exhaust with the wet dry vac. Got down on the ground behind the stove on my side, had the vacuum hose all ready to go at the exhaust and she turned it on. All I can say is, it was a good thing I had my glasses and dirty clothes on, because it was on blow instead of suck:sucks:. There was crap flying out the pipe and out the front of the stove, it was quite the mess! Got it all cleaned up and actually vacuumed.
Then my boy had to help me, he was actually helping me the whole time. We lifted the stove up onto a couple pieces of 1x4 because the thimble was set-up too high. Sure that goes against code, but so does the exhaust leak that was visible before I started... Got it all hooked up, and all is working well now :rock:.
Nice to be able to help when others are in need. They really appreciate that the pellet stove is working since that end of the house isn't tied into their furnace, and they like it 80 in there :havingarest: (no, I'm not exaggerating).
She was so thankful she gave me a 32oz container of frozen cookie dough :sweet:.
Now I'm sitting in front of the window enjoying the sunshine :cool:.
Hope you guys are all having a great day too, minus the soot in the face part ;).

Wife got a call from the neighbor, pellet stove isn't working, so over I go.
She had already cleaned the pipe, about a 4' piece that runs up the side of the house off a "T"/ clean-out. The tool she used for cleaning it would only touch one side at a time, kinda janky. I pulled the 4' pipe off, then the "T", it was full of debris. Pulled the stove out from the wall and the exhaust was really closed up with carbon, scrapped all that out as best as possible. Pulled the burn pot out of the front, it was all clean, as was the bottom of the burn pot area. Removed the baffles and :surprised3:, had never been cleaned, who knows how many pallets of pellets later :omg: (that being said, he can't take care of it after his stroke). Got everything cleaned on the front side after plugging her reg vacuum bag up once. Now onto the exhaust with the wet dry vac. Got down on the ground behind the stove on my side, had the vacuum hose all ready to go at the exhaust and she turned it on. All I can say is, it was a good thing I had my glasses and dirty clothes on, because it was on blow instead of suck:sucks:. There was crap flying out the pipe and out the front of the stove, it was quite the mess! Got it all cleaned up and actually vacuumed.
Then my boy had to help me, he was actually helping me the whole time. We lifted the stove up onto a couple pieces of 1x4 because the thimble was set-up too high. Sure that goes against code, but so does the exhaust leak that was visible before I started... Got it all hooked up, and all is working well now :rock:.
Nice to be able to help when others are in need. They really appreciate that the pellet stove is working since that end of the house isn't tied into their furnace, and they like it 80 in there :havingarest: (no, I'm not exaggerating).
She was so thankful she gave me a 32oz container of frozen cookie dough :sweet:.
Now I'm sitting in front of the window enjoying the sunshine :cool:.
Hope you guys are all having a great day too, minus the soot in the face part ;).
Come on chipper you know "Black Face" isn't PC anymore! :omg:

The young woman who submitted the tech support message below (about her relationship with her husband) presumably did it as a joke. Then she got a reply that was way too good to keep to herself. The tech support people's love advice was hilarious.

The query:

Dear Tech Support,

Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and noticed a distinct slowdown in overall system performance, particularly in the flower and jewelry applications, which operated flawlessly under Boyfriend 5.0.

In addition, Husband 1.0 uninstalled many other valuable programs, such as Romance 9.5 and Personal Attention 6.5, and then installed undesirable programs such as NBA 5.0, NFL 3.0, and Golf Clubs 4.1. Conversation 8.0 no longer runs, and House cleaning 2.6 simply crashes the system. Please note that I have tried running Nagging 5.3 to fix these problems but to no avail. What can I do?

Signed: Desperate

The response

Dear Desperate,

First, keep in mind, Boyfriend 5.0 is an Entertainment Package, while Husband 1.0 is an Operating System. Please enter the command: I thought you loved me.html and try to download Tears 6.2. Do not forget to install the Guilt 3.0 update. If that application works as designed, Husband 1.0 should then automatically run the applications Jewelry 2.0 and Flowers 3.5.

However, remember, overuse of the Tears application can cause Husband 1.0 to default to Grumpy Silence 2.5, Happy Hour 7.0, or Beer 6.1. Please note that Beer 6.1 is a very bad program that will download the Snoring Loudly Beta version.

Whatever you do, DO NOT, under any circumstances, install Mother-In-Law 1.0 as it runs a virus in the background that will eventually seize control of all your system resources. In addition, please do not attempt to re-install the Boyfriend 5.0 program. These are unsupported applications and will crash Husband 1.0.

In summary, Husband 1.0 is a great program, but it does have limited memory and cannot learn new applications quickly. You might consider buying additional software to improve memory and performance. We recommend Cooking 3.0

Good Luck

Tech Support

Latest posts

Back