Shindaiwa Saws...Thumbs Up or Down?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumbs Up or Down?

• Thumbs UP

Votes: 42 79.2%
  • Thumbs DOWN

Votes: 11 20.8%

• Total voters

JohnnyBoy1986

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Shindaiwa saws.
Maybe not your brand of choice, maybe not as reputable as stihl or as powerful as husqvarna BUT if you've used one, did you like it? did the performance suit you? was it reliable? ANNNND.... Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN?

i haven't had much experience with shindaiwa saws. i did buy a very little used shindaiwa 575 from a pawn shop recently to replace a blown 029 super. all i can say is WOW the little 575 is a screamer compared to the 029!

it will nearly keep up with my brothers nearly new 357XP which is a hoss of a 57cc saw. and has much more power than my rancher 455--not even funny really.

it is my next favorite saw to run--right next to my hot rod 044 with 46 jug & piston.

my only concern is how well the shindaiwa will hold up and if i can get parts.

but so far it has been the best 57cc saw i have had.

too bad shindaiwa has pulled out of the saw market in the US as i was looking around for a 757 to try out!

i haven't had much experience with shindaiwa saws. i did buy a very little used shindaiwa 575 from a pawn shop recently to replace a blown 029 super. all i can say is WOW the little 575 is a screamer compared to the 029!

it will nearly keep up with my brothers nearly new 357XP which is a hoss of a 57cc saw. and has much more power than my rancher 455--not even funny really.

it is my next favorite saw to run--right next to my hot rod 044 with 46 jug & piston.

my only concern is how well the shindaiwa will hold up and if i can get parts.

but so far it has been the best 57cc saw i have had.

too bad shindaiwa has pulled out of the saw market in the US as i was looking around for a 757 to try out!

you can still find a few 757's online that are brand new in the box. I own a 757 and if you like ur 575 that much...the 757 is a beast! Its not a husky, but it can hang with alot of the best of em!

They've done okay by me. I like the simplicity (a choke is a choke, and a stop/start switch is a stop/start switch) and reliability. The only one I've had break proves they aren't indestructable however, drop one out of a tree and see for yourself.

I've done most of my cutting with the 488's and they've never let me down.

I'll take all you want to send me.

I'm trying out a 488 right now and I really like it.Got the guys at the rental shop to lend it to me for a few days and I think I'm going to keep it.I find it has a lot of power for 47cc's and it usually starts on 2 or 3 pulls , which is something none of my orange and white saws do.
The guys at the shop say they have very little trouble with them and its half the price of the 260 I was going to buy.
No brainer for me:cheers:

The 757 is a good saw. A local logger ran four of them on his landings, two with the HD filter set-up and two without. The HD filter was obviously a desirable option but all four saws ran strong and did a good job. Eventually they wore out and were retired to the parts box.

Two big thumbs up. I've owned Shinny gear for years; bought a T20 trimmer when they were first introduced, if that tells you anything. All the products I've had have been first-rate.

Many years ago I lived a short drive away from Shindaiwa's headquarters in Tualatin (Oregon). Their technical services department manager at the time was a fellow by the name of Pete Fernald (I understand he ended up as a VP.) He gave me a guided tour of their shop facilities, where they had saws from a bunch of different makers and were running them side-by-side with equivalent Shindaiwa models. They'd run them for a while, then tear them down for inspection.

Pete showed me the internals of the engines, and I was impressed with the machining quality. Even places you couldn't see were finished beautifully; the German saws seemed more like East German saws by comparison. :D

"Shindaiwa - first to start, last to quit!"

-=[ Grant ]=-

Wouldn't even consider buying one until Husky and then Stihl went tits up first. I leave my Husky out in the rain and snow and heat and everything in between....for months at a time....and it never fails to run, and run right. Ever.

Wouldn't even consider buying one until Husky and then Stihl went tits up first. I leave my Husky out in the rain and snow and heat and everything in between....for months at a time....and it never fails to run, and run right. Ever.

Yeah, right:dizzy:

+1 on the 757's......Rvalue has a "hot" one that I'm pretty sure TRI got ahold of....nitrous,blown or sumptin':clap:

One word for that sleeper........WWWWWWWHOA!
attachment.php

Well..............................I dont know why your wasting your time on here. You obviously have the most amazing chainsaw in the world right now...:censored:

I really like the 488 I have. Its a great little saw. Good design, built well, been dead reliable, I voted thumbs up!

Hey you two, don't get all butthurt that I didn't orgasm over the Shindowa.
The thread asked, I answered.

Butt hurts? Who's butt hurts? Your butt hurt,Bowtie? This guys got something wrong with his butt..Maybe needs some garygoo?????

Yup.

We have in our midsts a rare bird,the newbie know it all.......Gosh,I don't think I've ever seen one before.....bout' as common as pig tracks.......or bovine excrement,male that is.

Last edited:
Back