Shindawa 580

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you are missing a few parts in the air-box - Those saws all had 2 filters, out coarse mesh, inner fine mesh or flocked filter.

How many recoil bolts?

Picture of the muffler?

Those two bits of info will tell me if it is a 550/680 family saw, or 575/695. Looks like it has a 575/695 tank on it.

Either way, download the 550/680 or 575/695 IPL from Shindaiwa's website and you will be in business.

I will take pics tomorrow. THanks for the help!

Looks like you are missing a few parts in the air-box - Those saws all had 2 filters, out coarse mesh, inner fine mesh or flocked filter.

How many recoil bolts?

Picture of the muffler?

Those two bits of info will tell me if it is a 550/680 family saw, or 575/695. Looks like it has a 575/695 tank on it.

Either way, download the 550/680 or 575/695 IPL from Shindaiwa's website and you will be in business.

Here are the pics. 4 bolts on the recoil.

Weird...looks like a transition model between a 550 and a 575. 550's had red recoil covers with 3 bolts, 575's had black recoil covers with 4 bolts. The cases are the same as the 550/680 - you can tell this by the muffler. The gas tank handle is from a 575/695.

Let me know what parts you end up needing after you get into it. It will make you a nice saw!

Josh

Weird...looks like a transition model between a 550 and a 575. 550's had red recoil covers with 3 bolts, 575's had black recoil covers with 4 bolts. The cases are the same as the 550/680 - you can tell this by the muffler. The gas tank handle is from a 575/695.

Let me know what parts you end up needing after you get into it. It will make you a nice saw!

Josh

I appreciate it, Josh. I hope to really get into it this weekend.

Hey Bama, weekends have come and gone....any good on getting this up and running yet??:cheers:

Hey Bama, weekends have come and gone....any good on getting this up and running yet??:cheers:

I wish:dizzy: I have gotten so busy with other things that it is still in a box. I got some of the parts cleaned up, but that is about it. I am hoping to get at it in March. I have a number of saws that are ready for work, but lack the TIME element.:cry:

Fourpaws,this a South American/Mexican sold Shinny.The rest of your information is correct,most all of the parts will interchange.If everyone does'nt already know this I ran into something with these saws.I thought the cylinders would interchange,but the 577 uses a smaller or larger skirt than the rest of these saws(550,575,580,585,680,695)The 577 cases/cylinders are exclusive to each other.Also the pre-695 series saws have thrust washers on either side of the piston pin.Fourpaws,you're a pretty knowledgable fella,sometimes cocky though,you argued with me that the 695 wasn't electronic rev limited,and would'nt reply.Do a search on the 695 if you don't know what I'm talking about.By the way, the 580 is a 58+-cc saw.

Last edited:
Shindaiwa 580

Well, I have a NOS piston and cylinder kit with 580 stamped on the side of it. I am also willing to bet $5 that most, if not ALL of the parts from a 550/680 will fit that saw...of which I have boxes full. Pop the covers off, take some detailed pictures of what is underneath.

Cool saw no doubt...the rarest thing on it is the almost new looking 580 sticker.

Hi do have a piston kit or cylinder kit for a shindaiwa 580 if so how much do you want for it including shipping to Ireland. I have an old 580 it belonged to my late dad cannot get bits here dealers keep putting me on the long finger can you please help

Shindaiwa 580

They never made a 580 - but they made a 680.

They also made a 550/575/577.

The 550/575/577 cylinders had a 580 cast into them, on the base flange. 550 and 575 had magnesium handles, 577 had nylon. 550 had 3 bolts on the recoil (red), 575 had 4 (black).

Post a picture...we'll let ya know what you have.

And...if you need parts, I have boxes and boxes full.

Hi Four Paws they made a 580 for sure I have one it belonged to my late dad its very old it has a 45 mm bore it was probably for the european maket I need a piston kit or cylinder kit for a 580 if anyone can help please. Im in IRELAND

So I realize this is an old thread but can anybody tell where to find an intake manifold for a Shindaiwa 580 I just picked up?

Latest posts

Back