Sighting In A Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gary goo of course

That's a lot of cutt'n. What oil do they use?

Nothin but the best

252992d1347754977-garygoo-jpg

Oops, I ####ed that up, the extra sticker needs to go on the tip of the blade....my bad.

Yer all wrong... I've sawed several billion board feet (mostly at night) and I can tell you from personal experience that those are racing stripes. My saws cut 20-30% faster when I've got em all taped up and high-lighted.

Also chicks dig them too. That and a tall stump.

Yer all wrong... I've sawed several billion board feet (mostly at night) and I can tell you from personal experience that those are racing stripes. My saws cut 20-30% faster when I've got em all taped up and high-lighted.

But I don't want to impress "chicks" and I cut the stumps low so I can get my pickup back in through the woods. Being of the forester way of thinking--high stumps are a BAD thing. BAD BAD BAD!

So, what kind of tape do you use? Which has an appropriate coefficient of friction for less resistance? Do you also punch holes in your muffler?

I did not see a line of "chicks" following the pro-fallers into the saw shop.

But I don't want to impress "chicks" and I cut the stumps low so I can get my pickup back in through the woods. Being of the forester way of thinking--high stumps are a BAD thing. BAD BAD BAD!

So, what kind of tape do you use? Which has an appropriate coefficient of friction for less resistance? Do you also punch holes in your muffler?

Ummmm, didn't you go in?

:)

252875-ppthinfenceday0001-jpg

Sorry to be late to the party, I haven't logged in for a couple of months. From all indications your sights are okay, I think the problem may be in where you pulled the chips from. I definitely see more chips to the right of the stump than the left, this resulted in an imbalanced hinge and the tree rolled to the left on the stump as you dropped it.

The only other option is that the Used Dog did not push straight while you were making the back cut.

I have my saws set up a little bit different, in my old age i cant cut, shoot or even split with open sights anymore. The only problem I have now is when Im splitting kindlin i keep getting severe black eyes. Hopefully someone will have a idea on how i can save my forehead from another severe beating

Last edited:
How can I get the photos to show up ? I aint a computer genius so if someone could explain it as simple as possible and if someone could add my put my photos up i would be greatfull.

There are some pro-fallers here, and some good fellers, but the OP is neither a faller or feller, more like a former forester with a sense of humor.

BTW I like straight top handles for this, I'm certainly no pro, but I would recommend getting ones eyes behind the power head and arms out and looking over the top of it with the bar actually touching the trunk, works for me.

How can I get the photos to show up ? I aint a computer genius so if someone could explain it as simple as possible and if someone could add my put my photos up i would be greatfull.

Try using photobucket by uploading pictures on photobucket copy the code and paste it on here.

Darn I thought it was big bars not high stumps... guess I'll have to go swap to a shorter bar and make my stumps taller.... :dizzy:

Now slowp you know they put the stickers on their tin hats, one side more than others to keep the proper angle while perched atop their melons. Since it wasn't a work day and couldn't be counted for depreciation purposes, of said expensive skull buckets with properly weighted stickers, they did not wear them into the saw shop therefore no line of chikas...

Oh and those stickers work to attract widows for L & I too! :msp_rolleyes:

I have a question a little off topic. Whats the best leash system for training Falling Dawgs. Should I get a muzzle for the sharp ones.

at least muzzle them before the saw goes to the bench for repair. Can't tell you how many times I've been bit......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Darn I thought it was big bars not high stumps... guess I'll have to go swap to a shorter bar and make my stumps taller.... :dizzy:

Now slowp you know they put the stickers on their tin hats, one side more than others to keep the proper angle while perched atop their melons. Since it wasn't a work day and couldn't be counted for depreciation purposes, of said expensive skull buckets with properly weighted stickers, they did not wear them into the saw shop therefore no line of chikas...

Oh and those stickers work to attract widows for L & I too! :msp_rolleyes:

Sounds like we need a line of reversible hardhats--NEVER called helmets in the PNW woods. Because, I should think we would like to compensate for slope when trudging on said slopes. Since we can't always go one way--I like to zigzag up and down, we need reversible hardhats so we can put the stickers on whatever side needs balance compensation. Wow, so many physics problems, so little time...

I had two hardhats ready, but gave one up. For working with trail maintenance volunteers, I have one with an ALPHA Explosives sticker on it. I did plan to wear the Wildland Critters glittery sticker one when around loggers and gtgers, but contributed it to a good cause. I thought those specific stickers would help to restore harmony in two diverse groups.

Latest posts

Back