Simonizer travels across the Atlantic !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes some nice pics and a bit of chat about horses, strange, put a modded saw in public done by a guy that was called up and down the street and folk go quite ?
By the way those remarks are not directed at anyone who have already made posts.
Wes the pic of Wicklow Gap, on the left side it's now clear felled I ended up in the dark in winter with my Alpine Magnum grinding a stump out under my pal's TigerCat harvester which had sunk over it not something I wish to repeat !

Way to go Dave. You two are starting quite the collection:) You're liable to infect Ireland with CAD, lol!

Funny you should mention Ireland. I am sitting here watching Aer Lingus push back right now. I wonder if there are any saws in the cargo bin?

I'll just have to take your word for it. That thing has a neat little chip deflector, too:

184177d1305493762-004-jpg

I can't take credit for the deflector. Bill must have installed that after he bought it.

Don't know how I missed that vid the first time I looked at this thread, but that thing looks to have some serious nads!

I know that is my 372, but who built the 385?

I built the 385 and the 441.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zx5nWV9Stts?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MdVAcXBIHSg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Looks like a fun afternoon guys. Which saw was your favourite?

That 372 has mad compression. What did you do to it? I was very impressed with how it ran. The wood we had the saws in was a bit gunky. So the 385 woulda been better off with a 7 pin, which it now wears. That 372 is the strongest running 372 I have ever used, btw.

That 372 has mad compression. What did you do to it? I was very impressed with how it ran. The wood we had the saws in was a bit gunky. So the 385 woulda been better off with a 7 pin, which it now wears. That 372 is the strongest running 372 I have ever used, btw.
I am glad you had fun with it, looking forward to see what happens at the 372 build-off competition in June. RiverRat should be getting his saw in the mail any day now.

Thanks for posting the vid Wes and thanks for leaving out the saw "that dare not mention it's name" !!
Brad's 441 just gets better, it now has a 28" ES Light bar that Wes kindly brought over and it is just pulling away with no problems in fresh Beech/Ash. The only thing I would like to change about the 372 is the clutch cover as the saw cuts so well I could do with a wide cover as it tends to get a bit blocked up, so anyone have a wide clutch cover or the part # if Husky do one ?

Thanks mdavlee, with that part# I managed to order one today. My main concern was that the area around the cluch would get bunged up and although the saw was cutting ok it was getting very hot due to increased firiction around the clutch.

Thanks mdavlee, with that part# I managed to order one today. My main concern was that the area around the cluch would get bunged up and although the saw was cutting ok it was getting very hot due to increased firiction around the clutch.
Odd that I have never had that request. I guess our wood is much different here. Red cedar, fir, spruce, yellow cedar, etc.

Latest posts

Back