small saw laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On vid number two he recommends that people adjust the idle so as to avoid the saw stalling, and the piece of stick he had to move with the truck, Hope all you folks state side don't have such limited physical and mental abilities.......

Sorry guys but darwin's theory seem to be missing something with that bloke.

If you watch it closly, in the far corner it looks like he has another hard case for a saw. It's a dark green/black.
Any guesses on the saw inside?

And nothing shouts America like stihl.....

On the second vid i think his pruning saw chain was on backwards. For color match file kits where would i find a purple kit for my neighbors wild thing?

Thanks ! I just learned a better filing technique ,how to put stair tread on my shed ,and I've put my life and limb at risk burning pine .:innocent:
I very much enjoyed watching the one guy start his "easy to start " saw . Hope he never runs across a cranky one .

thanks..I needed a good laugh today..that dude in the second video is the coolest mofo I ever saw!!

The stupidity is strong in that one. ...... Yoda

The wrong tool for that job, a maul not a chainsaw is what was needed on those rounds.
He needed a truck to move that one round?? what a puss.
Just tip it on end and roll it, idiot.

And he had the moxie to put it all on film

The stupidity is strong in that one. ...... Yoda

The wrong tool for that job, a maul not a chainsaw is what was needed on those rounds.
He needed a truck to move that one round?? what a puss.
Just tip it on end and roll it, idiot.

And he had the moxie to put it all on film

The downfall of my generation, we have to tape every damn thing we do.

I went to a concert a couple years ago "radiohead" and every person was watching the concert through their cell phone..... we were right there, the stage was right there in person, but these people cant understand how to live in the moment they need to capture it on their camera phone to share with everyone who wasnt there.

The guy in the second video thinks that last round weighed in at 300lbs. :wtf:

Rounds that size can be pretty heavy and difficult to budge off the ground if they are still green. But pushing it with a truck instead of flipping it up and rolling it is just plain laziness. That guy looks like he just came off a 3 day World of Warcraft binge...so that may explain a lot.

Rounds that size can be pretty heavy and difficult to budge off the ground if they are still green. But pushing it with a truck instead of flipping it up and rolling it is just plain laziness. That guy looks like he just came off a 3 day World of Warcraft binge...so that may explain a lot.
Yeah I agree, especially oak or hickory rounds. But 300 lbs is a far stretch

how bout the guys in the first video...... "I know if i use a sawing motion my stihl should outrun that husky,.... heck i seen them in lowes" all my redneck dumbs buddies tell me my 372 is a piece b/c its same as other huskys that are at lowes :nofunny:

I try to limit the amount of ridicule I pass on to Folks so but I will say this; The first video was lame, but the second one...yikes. I try to think back when I first started running a chainsaw. My Dad never taught me how to run one and I was usually the truck driver (guy putting wood in the wheel barrow and taking to stack it on the pile). In his defense I probably didn't show much interest in learning how to use one. Fast forward to the first time I borrowed his chainsaw to trim some tree for my FIL. I ran the saw in the dirt to remove some roots. The next adventure I ran the same saw without bar oil in it and the chain and bar started rolling smoke off. Fast forward to today and I not only know to keep the saw out of the dirt and keep the saw feed with quality oil and fuel, but have moved on to rebuilding saws and felling trees like a madman. You could argue I was stupid for doing those things but I would prefer to be labeled as ignorant. I think the fellow in the video is ignorant to the proper ways of using, sharpening, and maintaining a chainsaw. He just needs to be taught the right way. If after being taught the proper way he reverts back to his old ways then I think it would be safe to call him stupid. I not giving the guy a get of jail free pass either. The manual offers up plenty of knowledge and Stihl has some great videos online this guy could learn from. The big difference between me and this guy is he video tapes his exploits and mine are just distant memories. Thanks to YouTube now everyone with a cell phone has the opportunity to showcase their ignorance.

I try to limit the amount of ridicule I pass on to Folks so but I will say this; The first video was lame, but the second one...yikes. I try to think back when I first started running a chainsaw. My Dad never taught me how to run one and I was usually the truck driver (guy putting wood in the wheel barrow and taking to stack it on the pile). In his defense I probably didn't show much interest in learning how to use one. Fast forward to the first time I borrowed his chainsaw to trim some tree for my FIL. I ran the saw in the dirt to remove some roots. The next adventure I ran the same saw without bar oil in it and the chain and bar started rolling smoke off. Fast forward to today and I not only know to keep the saw out of the dirt and keep the saw feed with quality oil and fuel, but have moved on to rebuilding saws and felling trees like a madman. You could argue I was stupid for doing those things but I would prefer to be labeled as ignorant. I think the fellow in the video is ignorant to the proper ways of using, sharpening, and maintaining a chainsaw. He just needs to be taught the right way. If after being taught the proper way he reverts back to his old ways then I think it would be safe to call him stupid. I not giving the guy a get of jail free pass either. The manual offers up plenty of knowledge and Stihl has some great videos online this guy could learn from. The big difference between me and this guy is he video tapes his exploits and mine are just distant memories. Thanks to YouTube now everyone with a cell phone has the opportunity to showcase their ignorance.

Well said. I'm not out to put anyone down, just be amused at there folly. I can agree, I was there once upon a time.

I always say I'M NOT going to watch these vids then I read the posts and get sucked into wasting my life away watching You Tube. Kinda like the Piltz thread. I have to see what all the fuss is about.

Latest posts

Back