So the gubberment is giving us money......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our grandchildren will pay for this nonsense. We are already running a huge budget deficit and now an additional $156 Billion. There are only two ways to pay for this kind of continuous foolishness-eventually higher taxes or hyper infllation.

Don't worry they are not giving us nothing for FREE. You have to claim it on next years income tax so bascially its going to be deducted from it. Get 1,000 bucks and give them back maybe 400 bucks that you are paying taxes on, but you still will have to claim it...Bob

Our grandchildren will pay for this nonsense. We are already running a huge budget deficit and now an additional $156 Billion. There are only two ways to pay for this kind of continuous foolishness-eventually higher taxes or hyper infllation.

Welcome to Republican deficit spending

If you feel that strongly about it, just tear up the check when it comes in the mail.... hehe... ball's in your court.

Ian

As many have said, mine is going to pay off mortgage. Just remember to not spend it before you get it. It still has to pass the House and Senate. Probably no issues there, but... 'ya never know. :)

Oh, and apparently I'm considered Lower Income now. Gees, thought I was Middle Class. Oh well, just need to try harder...

As many have said, mine is going to pay off mortgage. Just remember to not spend it before you get it

If we could do that, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Funny thing about this time 'round, with ethanol being the big hot thing these days, the farmers are actually doing okay.

Must be the first recession that ever happened.

It has already passed the Demonically (sic) controlled house (where they reduced the origional $800 to $600 by giving it to non-tax payers and prob illegals too and is then headed for the Senate. Here, pork and other add ons will be added and finaly when passed, moved on to the President for his siggy... or veto. Here in Virginia, where they are trying to increase every tax, fee, and toll plus add new ones... the fed stimulus check will come just in time to pay for part of that. Welcome to big gubmit.

Evanrude posted:
'My fed tax refund is basically a joke again this year, so I cant expect anything there to help me out.'

If your tax refund isn't a joke, you're giving our friends in Washington interest free use of your money. Say you typically get a $2500 refund, sit down with your payroll person and figure out what your W4 number should be. Put $50/week directly into savings or a 401K if you don't trust yourself, direct deposit is best.

HUSKYMAN sed:
'Welcome to Republican deficit spending.'

sheeyah, like there's any difference between the parties anymore.

And the subprime debacle has me in a dither. Knuckleheads who took on debt they couldn't handle are now being bailed out by those of us who didn't. :censored:

My thoughts eaxctly johnha. And to thoes wondering where this money is coming from, well, it's coming from us, the taxpayers. Some will be used to redistribute the wealth to non- taxpayers. Most of the "cost" of this stimulation can be recuped from thoes of you that have way too much money deducted from your paychecks or otherwise expect a great big "refund" check that will not even come with a "thank you" or intrest from Big Brother.

Where is everyone getting the figures from? All i have heard is that it MAY be in the area of $600 for single, $1200 for married.

But then I also heard it goes by income but I haven't seen anything at all about any income figures relative to a dollar amount back yet.

I am curious though.

I will use it to pay my tax bill, I always owe them something. :censored:

I think $150000 is the cutoff for married couples, $75000 for individuals. No problem here with those numbers lol.

The current proposal is $600 for individuals, $1200 for married couples, and $300 extra for each kid.

Well then, sounds like $600 for the wife and $600 for me.. cool

I think they should require you to SPEND the money, if it's given out. Maybe a preloaded credit card instead of a check.... That is the point of getting the $$$, not to stick it in the bank.

Why? People putting themselves into more debt isn't going to help the economy. The "stimulus" package is pure bunk. Our government is broke and the smart thing to do is be debt free when the collapse comes.

I just think its funny they believe this is going to stimulate the US economy, when in reality, people will most likely use to go to Wal-Mart and buy more Chinese junk. And who will that benefit??? NOT THE USA!

I just think its funny they believe this is going to stimulate the US economy, when in reality, people will most likely use to go to Wal-Mart and buy more Chinese junk. And who will that benefit??? NOT THE USA!

Couldn't agree more.It is much more productive to go to a saw dealer and buy a beautiful piece of German or Swedish high performance equipment which also won't help the U.S. economy one bit but will make a lot of chainsaw addicts very happy.

Why? People putting themselves into more debt isn't going to help the economy. The "stimulus" package is pure bunk. Our government is broke and the smart thing to do is be debt free when the collapse comes.

Kinda hard to go into debt with a preloaded credit card. Think of it as a gift card that says "Visa" on it - if my understanding of them is correct.

If not, my apologies to Cerran in advance.

Couldn't agree more.It is much more productive to go to a saw dealer and buy a beautiful piece of German or Swedish high performance equipment which also won't help the U.S. economy one bit but will make a lot of chainsaw addicts very happy.

Don't worry Stihl dealers will take their 40% cut and give you a free chain with your MSRP saw...Aren't they generous?

Back