So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waterpump out... thought I had one on the shelf, but didn't. Drive 120 miles round trip tomorrow for a new one.

I missed all that. What happened? Or the bs last week?
Some of the Pro football players this week chose to do demonstrations before the games like wearing t shirts that had words of protest against the white police that killed some of the black criminals. The Rams players came out in the "hands up don't shoot" position rather than just running on the field normally. I'd hate to be one of them next time they need a cop.

Hauled a trailer from Richmond, VA to B'Ham, AL and then rode light back to Hooterville, TN. Was over 800 miles. Time for a coupla beerz.

Me and a good friend cut and split 2 cords or so of standing dead ash,fixed a gate and ate some good food...

Unloaded another trailer of wood today to cut up into firewood. I delivered a little bit of used oil to a shop near me to burn in his oil furnace and he had another saw to sell me, another $10 330 Homelite. When I got home I put a bit of fuel in the carb and it fired so I guess it may be worth fixing.

Upon coming home from work , I had my Fridays chainsaw stuff order already waiting for me. :)

All for my Dolmar PS6400 and PS7900:
- 1 AMA Garden bar , 3/8" , 20" (Italy)
- 2 Carlton 3/8" rim sprockets , 7 teeth
- 1 Carlton 3/8" rim sprocket , 8 teeth
- 2 Carlton A2LM chains , 3/8" , .058" , 72DL

This is the first time I bought Carlton products as they weren't sold/popular around here.
I like the affordable prices , will have to see about the quality! :chainsaw:

Carlton-AMA.JPG

Upon coming home from work , I had my Fridays chainsaw stuff order already waiting for me. :)

All for my Dolmar PS6400 and PS7900:
- 1 AMA Garden bar , 3/8" , 20" (Italy)
- 2 Carlton 3/8" rim sprockets , 7 teeth
- 1 Carlton 3/8" rim sprocket , 8 teeth
- 2 Carlton A2LM chains , 3/8" , .058" , 72DL

This is the first time I bought Carlton products as they weren't sold/popular around here.
I like the affordable prices , will have to see about the quality! :chainsaw:

View attachment 386933
I put a Carlton bar and chain on a Homelite 330 and it really zips through the wood. It looks a little like a safety chain but sure doesn't cut like one..

I put a Carlton bar and chain on a Homelite 330 and it really zips through the wood. It looks a little like a safety chain but sure doesn't cut like one..

I got lucky with my purchase as I didn't ask what type of chain they were while ordering , I was just happy to snatch them for that price (~5 Euro cheaper then a OEM Dolmar chain).
These two loops are Carlton A2LM-072E , the legend on the packaging claims them as "standard" , without safety bumpers!
Loops with a suffix "BL" and "GL" feature bumper links.

I am glad they happen to be identical by design as my Dolmar and Oregon chains (round ground chisel) , that way these loops should "feel" about the same like the ones I used till now.

I just find it odd that they are sharped at a 30° angle , as opposed to 25° on my Dolmar and Oregon chains... :confused: , we'll see... :)

Another day of stacking and cutting firewood. I took the time this morning to grind the bumpers off the safety chain of one of my Craftsman homeowner saws to see if it helped and it did. My cutting got shortened by wife telling me it was suppertime so that took care of the work for today.

My friend is coming over again today with another trailer of uncut firewood so I guess we'll unload it and I'll cut it up later. Wife made candy last night so I'll share some of it with him. I think I'm gonna also make up some chains for a couple of my little saws, that safety stuff just doesn't cut it!

Paid taxes this morning, did some end of year tree service paperwork into the afternoon and that gave me enough energy and frustration to hand split and stack a pile of wood. So now I'm sitting here aching and wishing I had 30 less years of experience doing that.

Latest posts

Back