Some guys will build ANYTHING out of wood...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avalancher

Arboristsite Raconteur
Reaction score
I happened to be driving around this last weekend killing time until the wife got out of her hair appointment, and happened across this in traffic..

I just had to chase him down and get a picture of it. I know I have never seen a car made out of wood. He makes three a year, the asking price is 65 grand. And yeah, he sells each and every one he makes. Powered by a chevy 350.

I saw a car that was similar at a car show. The guy built it himself, years ago. He used an S-10 frame, not sure what engine. Got a lot of attention. I can't find the pic right now but it looked like a Model A.

I guess I do the same on occasion. Just in case you missed this downstairs in the chainsaw forum:

mac-2.jpg

The scabbard is made with tempered hardboard surrounding oak inserts that have been planed the same thickness as the bar with chain. It sports a carrying sleeve for the scrench and is tied to the saw with braided nylon cord.

I replaced the chainbrake plastic post that broke off with one that I made using hickory. Then I added a cherry handle that I shaped and joined with mortise and tenons, reinforced with 2" screws.

Last edited:
Back