Some thoughts for

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burvol

Bullbuck
Reaction score
I have been reading a lot of posts here lately, and I have learned a few things, quite a bit really. This is an amazing network of friends, co-workers and the alike. I have had laughs as well as the urge to vomit a few times reading some posts. You can call me an ass or mean, I really don't care. This is how I see so many of the common things discussed on Arborist Site really broken down:

1. You probably need to learn how to put an edge on a chain before you keep going on about what a saw needs in mods. It's the biggest and cheapest mod you can do, run a freakin' hot chain.

2. Don't be afraid to let people believe what they want. Just don't preach it like it's the gospel when you know you have no experience or working knowledge of the matter.

3. Leave the old timers alone. They didn't get that far in the business from being hacks and/or ignorant.

4. If you say the saw is heavy, put it down. You have no business running it. Cutters run big, heavy, powerful saws for 7 hours straight. We can, probably because we are a little tougher than you. Sorry, just a fact. Maybe we'll meet in the woods if you don't agree.

5. Try to be an equal oppourtunitstic a-hole. Don't be shy about spreading the love around.

6. The 361 is manna from Heaven for a lot of people. It's a good saw, and they are reliable, but it is just a powersaw at the end of the day.

7. Don't let pride stand in the way of your pursuit of knowledge here, or in the field. "Pocketing" someone's advice or little tricks will benefit you and save you greif.

8. Hardhats are a no-brainer.

9. AS is a brotherhood. Some of the best fights and/or arguments are with family :)

I have been reading a lot of posts here lately, and I have learned a few things, quite a bit really. This is an amazing network of friends, co-workers and the alike. I have had laughs as well as the urge to vomit a few times reading some posts. You can call me an ass or mean, I really don't care. This is how I see so many of the common things discussed on Arborist Site really broken down:

1. You probably need to learn how to put an edge on a chain before you keep going on about what a saw needs in mods. It's the biggest and cheapest mod you can do, run a freakin' hot chain.

2. Don't be afraid to let people believe what they want. Just don't preach it like it's the gospel when you know you have no experience or working knowledge of the matter.

3. Leave the old timers alone. They didn't get that far in the business from being hacks and/or ignorant.

4. If you say the saw is heavy, put it down. You have no business running it. Cutters run big, heavy, powerful saws for 7 hours straight. We can, probably because we are a little tougher than you. Sorry, just a fact. Maybe we'll meet in the woods if you don't agree.

5. Try to be an equal oppourtunitstic a-hole. Don't be shy about spreading the love around.

6. The 361 is manna from Heaven for a lot of people. It's a good saw, and they are reliable, but it is just a powersaw at the end of the day.

7. Don't let pride stand in the way of your pursuit of knowledge here, or in the field. "Pocketing" someone's advice or little tricks will benefit you and save you greif.

8. Hardhats are a no-brainer.

9. AS is a brotherhood. Some of the best fights and/or arguments are with family :)
I'm fairly new hear and as soon as someone teaches me how to rep you I'll do it.:clap:

I like it, but you forgot #10.

10- If you're going to post in a forum on-line, don't wear your feeling's on your sleeve. Someone will hurt them. And no one here really care's if your feelings are hurt.

Andy

11) Don't open you're mouth to bash someone, if you are not fully prepared to bashed in return!

12) Don't start a war in politics if all you can do is rehash the same crap you have been hashing out for years!!

13) When you get called out, and can't prove the point anymore, don't wuss out and attack peoples family members. It shows a real weakness and the true nature of YOU!

Excellent post and well worth the rep :cool:

Far too many people think
4455internet_serious_business.JPG

:laugh:

Slowp, I'm sorry I left you out on the last one. Before I could go back and make it right, you went out and started a sister chapter of tin pants, sheesh... You could have PM'd me. I want cookies too Slowp!

Last edited:
Slowp, I'm sorry I left you out on the last one. Before I could go back and make it right, you went out and started a sister chapter of tin pants, sheesh... You could have PM'd me. I want cookies too Slowp!

Yoa Culpa. I'll put you back on the cookie list. The Sisterhood of the Muddy Tin Pants is a diverse, non discriminating group and you may join if you wish. :cheers:

Back