Soo, what would my mix ratio be if..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naturelover

Tree Freak
Reaction score
If I added a teaspoon or tablespoon of oil to the 50-1 Moto-mix quarts, what would it be?

I could figure it out, but thought someone may have a chart or something to make it easier....

What if I added a table spoon of oil to my 50/1 moto mix and the two oils didn't play nice together and I wrecked my nice saw ?

Mixing oils is not a good idea if you want a different oil ratio buy some quality oil and mix it yourself to what ever ratio you Desire

Yea, the plan was to add a teaspoon of the Stihl synthetic to the motomix... :)

I got a good bit of it left since I had to buy two saws in the span of six months....

The Stihl's get the motomix now, the others get Trufuel at 40-1, and the test mule Quaker gets whatever I can find, even gonna try some old outboard mix I gotta get rid of.

It'll probably be the one that lasts the longest and end up with the most hours behind it....

ETA: liking the funnies here... :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Just to give you something useful:

50:1= 2.6 oz oil to 1 gallon of gasoline
40:1= 2.6 oz oil to .8 gallon of gasoline
32:1= 2.6 oz oil to .65 gallon of gasoline
24:1= 2.6 oz oil to .49 gallon of gasoline
16:1= 2.6 oz oil to .33 gallon of gasoline

or,

50:1 = 2.6 oz oil to 1 gallon of gasoline
40:1 = 3.2 oz oil to 1 gallon of gasoline
32:1 = 4.0 oz oil to 1 gallon of gasoline
24:1 = 5.33 oz oil to 1 gallon of gasoline
16:1 = 8.0 oz oil to 1 gallon of gasoline

but you probably already knew that.

Well, about time the metric system paid off. Over here it's all litres. I use a 5 litre(aka liter) fuel container. I add 120ish ml to the petrol(which seems to have less additives than US fuel to start with). Standard petrol/gasoline here is 95 octane.

fuel%2Doil%2DMetric.jpg

VS

Fuel%2Doil%2DImperial.jpg

Latest posts

Back