Squish dilemma/Porting opinion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great! Can't wait to see video of you piss revving it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was able to get the exhaust roof down to 102.5* with an .054 square band cut.

So the question is this. I'm freeporting under the skirt on the exhaust side about .005.

A gasket will raise the exhaust. I'm trying to go with an exhaust vs. displacement rule of a 105* goal for a 50cc saw.

Hard as hell to get there with a Stihl 026. Even with a red lever jug, I could just get 103.5 with a .050+ SB cut

You really think?

I like crankcase compression. Wanted more to support the bridges and (physically) higher transfers, as well as the opened piston Windows.

I raised the roof a bit for more time/area.

The last one I did was at 78 and had a lot of spitback.

Would freeport help the spitback? Same question in the other thread. Or we will say will she pass gas??? Lol??!! Will the freeport venting the system allow the full charge to get in with the long intake duration and get rid of the spitback? Just thinkin out loud

Primary is degrees measured from when intake closes until transfers open.

Good rule is 40* on most saws.
My advice...get over the rules. Work with what the factory gives you. All saws have spitback. Give a saw what makes it run the best. I've seen no real evidence that bridge ports make much difference. I'm not a fan of the huge loss of integrity they produce.

Latest posts

Back