starting a MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahaha, shame on you Joat, how dare ya talk about Woodie that way,(I love it),hehhe

Where has Woodie been anyway? He called the shop a week or two ago and we had a blast on the phone. He was wanting a small backpack blower. I suggested that small Echo backpack. Stihl doesn't make a small backpack. We talked maybe 20-30 minutes. The Woodie on the phone is nothing like the Woodie we see posting. He's actually right nice, I was shocked,LOL

Tommie,

Be cautious. He may have been after that cat you spoke of.

ole jaot

Hey Joat,

I looked at this and chucked. I don't know what tunes Tommie was singing but if it was Elvis or the Rolling Stones...don't matter to me. I gotta feel the beats to get some vibe. Ya think mebbe if Tommie had a few of the :chainsaw: running while I was there I'd think he is cool dude spitting out the KING songs?

Jim,

That's great news. You found a method that works for you and your saw. And, you have THE KING, AKA THE CHAMP, as backup if you ever need help.

Jim, I'll bet ole Tommie was singin' an Elvis tune for ya and ya missed it. Lucky you.

Remember, "You're in good hands with HallState".

Now go get 'em,

ole joat

still a different way to start the saw

Got home yesterday and got out to put in two inground sprinkler heads and got that done. It was nearly dark and I figured I'd try the saw again...so I pulled on full choke TWO times and (not feeling it fired up but I believe the least pulls on Full works for me..if not go back to cull choke) moved to half choke and on two or three pulls it did not start. I moved the setting to run and the saw fired up after one or two cranks. For the last 2 or 3 days I have had interesting scenarios with this saw but I think I am getting the hang of the nuisances of starting this saw. Seems this saw has a split personality but hey it cuts like a dogma LOL

Hey Joat,

I looked at this and chucked. I don't know what tunes Tommie was singing but if it was Elvis or the Rolling Stones...don't matter to me. I gotta feel the beats to get some vibe. Ya think mebbe if Tommie had a few of the :chainsaw: running while I was there I'd think he is cool dude spitting out the KING songs?

Got home yesterday and got out to put in two inground sprinkler heads and got that done. It was nearly dark and I figured I'd try the saw again...so I pulled on full choke TWO times and (not feeling it fired up but I believe the least pulls on Full works for me..if not go back to cull choke) moved to half choke and on two or three pulls it did not start. I moved the setting to run and the saw fired up after one or two cranks. For the last 2 or 3 days I have had interesting scenarios with this saw but I think I am getting the hang of the nuisances of starting this saw. Seems this saw has a split personality but hey it cuts like a dogma LOL

Jim,

Tommie is a treat. As you know, a treat is best is slow, measured doses!

Tommie has been known to refuse to sell to those that speak unkindly about THE KING, Elvis. Also, no unkind words about Stihl, Pepsi or Folgers are in order. Just think SPEF(StihlPepsiElvisFolgers) when you shop in Leesburg. Stick to that and you'll be cool, or "cool beans", in Leesburg Lingo.

I'm glad you found what works for you on the 361. It's a great saw. And, remember .....

You're in good hands with HallState,

ole joat

Latest posts

Back