Stihl 036 Pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJF3864

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Any opinions on this saw?

I have a 455 Rancher, would I be stepping up with this saw?

I am looking to get a good Pro saw, but dont need any thing extravagant.

Thanks,

Dan

I don't know anything about Huskys, but I think the Husky that you're referring to is a cheaper homeowner model. The 036 PRO is a 60cc saw, and is a pro model saw. It has a compression decomp, and an adjustable oiler. The saw is also very easy to work on vs. the clamshell homeowner saws.

I have one, but have never used it, so I can't tell you how it performs. When I was bragging about buying it, many people said that they're good saws. Some even said that they prefer them over the almighty 361.

The 036 Pro would be a great saw for you based on your description. Its a nice step up from the 455 rancher. The 036/360 handles a 20" bar well and is known to be reliable.

I love mine, you will like the power to weight on it. It's a fast saw for it's size. I've run a 25 inch bar on mine with full chisel chain and it pulls it through red oak with no problem. It would be a good saw for you if it's in decent shape.

Get it, you'll not regret it. My favorite saw, and I have a lot of saws. One of the easiest to work on, and everyone has parts.

The only thing that is commonly wrong seems to be the oiler tube. Other than that, the normal things.

Latest posts

Back