Stihl 041 Rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How hard was it to put the handle bar grips on?

It was almost too easy. I cleaned the handlebar and used a spray bottle with soapy water and it slid right on. Make sure its where you want it because once its dry it wont budge. Before the water dried it still slid easy, I left it next to the stove over night and now its on there. I dont think this stuff will hold up to heavy use but its so cheap and easy to put on, it doesnt really matter.

It was almost too easy. I cleaned the handlebar and used a spray bottle with soapy water and it slid right on. Make sure its where you want it because once its dry it wont budge. Before the water dried it still slid easy, I left it next to the stove over night and now its on there. I dont think this stuff will hold up to heavy use but its so cheap and easy to put on, it doesnt really matter.
Nice to know it went on so easy. Just might have to get some of that product. Thanks.

That looks good with the orange dawgs. Got video? Would love to hear her.

Hopefully she will be going to her new home today :( This will help pay back the new Dolmar. My dad sold his MS290 as well. I must say, I have grown quite attached to this old hunk. It was rewarding turning an old, greasy incomplete saw into whats pictured above. And the learning experience was priceless. Dont worry though, I will get another old, bigger stihl someday. Or a Solo twin :chainsaw:

Thanks for all the positive comments and helpful advice through out my thread!

Like the idea of the foam handle padding. Might even smooth out the ride on a non AV saw.

Cool thread, nice job! So the old stock piston had only 1 ring. The Mako obviously had two. Is it going to increase the compression alot to switch over a stock piston to a 2 ringer just for added compression? My Dads Farm Boss comes in at 125 psi cold and dry. The saw runs great like that but it just makes me wonder,...

Back