Stihl 045 AV problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does the later sem flywheel look like?I thought that the bosch flywheel was two piece and the sem one piece?
SEM flywheels came in two flavors: the earlier G/E module which used a two part flywheel. It appears from the outside similar to the Bosch, except that it has 4 magnets held on by eight brass screws around the perimeter. The Later SEM G/A module used a one piece cast aluminum flywheel with a single magnet.
Generally, both the SEM setups (G/A and G/E) were reliable.

SEM flywheels came in two flavors: the earlier G/E module which used a two part flywheel. It appears from the outside similar to the Bosch, except that it has 4 magnets held on by eight brass screws around the perimeter. The Later SEM G/A module used a one piece cast aluminum flywheel with a single magnet.
Generally, both the SEM setups (G/A and G/E) were reliable.[/quot
Skippy, thanks for the imformation on the sem flywheel.

Ok so I got a little lost with all of this. I've got an 045 av. It won't fire at all. We rebuilt the carb since there was spark when we pulled the park plug out and then cranked it a couple times. Tons of compression. The only thing we could figure was that under compression the spark was too weak. I have the SEM flywheel with four magnets. I'm thinking I need to replace the ignition system but am unclear if the one for
Germany will work or if I must convert to points. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410137920.902198.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410137936.728313.jpg

the germany one is a replacement for the bosch system, not SEM. you can get the german one, but then you'll need to source a bosch flywheel.

Back