Stihl 192 oiler adjustment ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdqdl

Old enough to know better.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I recently purchased a very nice used MS192, but it dumps oil all the time on our shop floor. No problems observed while in operation.

I have never worked on one before; Silly me, I presumed that it would be just like our 200T's. Not the case. I haven't found an oiler adjustment yet, and I would like to spend a minimum amount of time at this diagnosis.

Suggestions?

There is no oil adjuster on the the Stihl 192.

You might try "burping" the oil tank after use to relieve any pressure.

You also might try leaning the saw toward the starter side at at least a 45° angle.

Otherwise..just drain the bar oil after you finish using for the day.
:cheers:
J2F

flippy

check the flippy cap sometimes they will not seal 100%.k

It definitely from the oiler.

We don't use this saw enough to get too excited about an oil leak, but it is winter time, and we aren't doing much else.
First post here,I know this is a old post but I have some info. The little rubber line that comes from the oil pump to the bar mount is probably split. Mine did this and was pooling oil everywhere except the bar and chain. lol Now I need to find this part.

Thanks for the welcome. Been reading and lurking for a couple months now and have learned a lot. Figured it was time to finally post something. I cant find that little oil line thingy anywhere online, I'm going to the stihl dealer tomorrow and hope they have it.

Well...thanks for the advice, but this thread is so old I don't even remember the saw, much less the problem with the oiler. My records say that it hasn't been in inventory since 2014; probably sold to someone.

Latest posts

Back