Stihl 441C vs C-M identification

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cnice_37

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
To identify if C or C-M... do I just look for the carb screws? I see the C-M's online show 441C on the flywheel cover.

Got a line on one, no pics, town next door, gotta take a look. The reviews on the 441 seem "meh" whereas a C-M is the cat's meow.

If the price is right, I'll probably grab it regardless and see if I keep the 038 Mag or the newbie.

Thanks

To identify if C or C-M... do I just look for the carb screws? I see the C-M's online show 441C on the flywheel cover.

Got a line on one, no pics, town next door, gotta take a look. The reviews on the 441 seem "meh" whereas a C-M is the cat's meow.

If the price is right, I'll probably grab it regardless and see if I keep the 038 Mag or the newbie.

Thanks

As far as I know all of the ones labeled 441 C are C-Ms (None of them say C-M). My pre M-Tronic was just labeled MS 441, even though all 441s have the C (comfort) feature. However, you are correct, the M-Tronic does not have adjustment screws. FYI, My regular MS 441 ran very strong and always started easy. I never ran a 441 C-M, so I can not say how much difference there is, but if the price is good and the saw is in good condition, I'm sure they are both very good saws. If you are looking for good 70 cc saw, I would not pass up a good deal on a pre M-Tronic 441.

Thanks guys.... so anyone want to play "what's it worth" game? Guy is asking $270 if I pick it up tonight, my buddy just grabbed a 200T off the same guy for $150 (I hooked him up with that line, and the saw isn't mint, but in good condition).

Thanks guys.... so anyone want to play "what's it worth" game? Guy is asking $270 if I pick it up tonight, my buddy just grabbed a 200T off the same guy for $150 (I hooked him up with that line, and the saw isn't mint, but in good condition).

If it is in good shape, that is a steal! I would give you more than that for it, C-M or not!

Thanks

If you get it, and you don't want it, let me know.

$270 is a good price for ANY 441... C-Q, C-M, or plane old Jane. For that price I would bet its a beater though. Not all 441 are C models (mine is not) and there were 441 C-Q models with the quick stop and top back handle lever feature. I never liked that one. I have a plane Jane 441 RZ and its a smooth saw, with more power than my 044 had. Also sips gas. A bit bulky and weighs the same as a 460. I like cutting with it though. All the later US models are Z types with the larger springs. The R model has the 3/4 wrap, large dogs and large side cover.

Looks like a C-M.... Does not look to be abused, air filter is clean, bar has plenty of life and rails are true.

IMG_20140121_170751_333_zpstdl8x56m.jpg

I'm sure you'll not have any trouble getting your money back if you don't like it. I was going to say if you didn't want it I might be able to get it out of that guys way for that price.

Looks like a C-M.... Does not look to be abused, air filter is clean, bar has plenty of life and rails are true.
Adjusting screws are on the other side. You can't tell if it's a CM or not from this picture.

$270 is a good price for ANY 441... C-Q, C-M, or plane old Jane. For that price I would bet its a beater though. Not all 441 are C models (mine is not) and there were 441 C-Q models with the quick stop and top back handle lever feature. I never liked that one. I have a plane Jane 441 RZ and its a smooth saw, with more power than my 044 had. Also sips gas. A bit bulky and weighs the same as a 460. I like cutting with it though. All the later US models are Z types with the larger springs. The R model has the 3/4 wrap, large dogs and large side cover.

You seem very knowledgeable regarding the 441s, so please share. I thought the C stood for "Comfort", which referred to the spring suspension handle (instead of the rubber grommets like my 044), and I thought all 441s had that feature. Am I wrong? Thanks, in advance, for your response.

I'm gonna try her out tomorrow if I can get through the snow and find something to cut. Might tear into it a bit tonight.

Back