Stihl 500i R availability?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9d6c3d4a5a313d060b3c4258ba42d44e.jpg

I’m not sure if Scott keeps them in stock or not mine came directly from Outerwear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks I owe you some beers or if you don't imbibe, sweet corn or some other fruit/veggie since you're so close will touch base when it gets garden time

The air filter cleaning instructions for the 462 are the same as the 500i..... and I have not been able to find the "Stihl air filter cleaning solution".
My dealer recommended Dawn dish soap! I put a little in hot water and slosh the filter around for a couple minutes, then rinse with water. Seems to work fine?

Local Stihl dealer's parts guy said to use K&N air filter cleaner would work it has the same instructions spray leave 10 min and wash out
Skean's approach with a pre-filter makes cleaning less of an issue...at least a more infrequent issue

I didn't think to stop by Murdochs in Missoula. They usually have a big inventory also. I'm in Mineral County so it is a good drive to about anywhere.
The other place that has them is Montana Ace of all places. Does Missoula have any real saw shops?

The other place that has them is Montana Ace of all places. Does Missoula have any real saw shops?
Not really. Always an add on to something larger and more significant. RDO has a good mechanic with a wide knowledge. The rest of the staff are tractor people, or so it would seem as they don't know saws that well.

I saw two of 'em at a saw shop today, half 'n' full wrap, already sold but the dealer let me hold the half wrap one. It seems like it's about the same size/weight as my 562, but it's supposedly 78/79cc. I really want one, but I'll wait until they're more common.

I waited for a couple weeks for mine . They could only get 6 at a time. These were spoken for and sold before arrival. Received mine $1130.00 w/20 inch bar otd. I chose a 20" because I had numerous 25",28" and 36" bars. he has since got 12 more in all sold before hand and 6 more in waiting. I put it up for sale and had a guy that said he would take it and I never heard another peep from him. Decided to keep it. Never fueled yet.

I waited for a couple weeks for mine . They could only get 6 at a time. These were spoken for and sold before arrival. Received mine $1130.00 w/20 inch bar otd. I chose a 20" because I had numerous 25",28" and 36" bars. he has since got 12 more in all sold before hand and 6 more in waiting. I put it up for sale and had a guy that said he would take it and I never heard another peep from him. Decided to keep it. Never fueled yet.
You must have a fantastic dealer! That is a killer price!:rock2:

Thanks I owe you some beers or if you don't imbibe, sweet corn or some other fruit/veggie since you're so close will touch base when it gets garden time

9d6c3d4a5a313d060b3c4258ba42d44e.jpg

I’m not sure if Scott keeps them in stock or not mine came directly from Outerwear.

I double checked the 500i is 12 3/8" circ and 1 3/8 inch tall to cover filter media edge to edge unless someone else gets different measurements

My wife bought a 500i with my blessing for Valentines day. dealer said that this was the second one he had sold that day and it was only 1030AM. further reported to me he had sold one a couple days earlier whos new owner dropped a tree on it the same day he bought it. brought it back only to find out it had been totaled..... What a shame.

I double checked the 500i is 12 3/8" circ and 1 3/8 inch tall to cover filter media edge to edge unless someone else gets different measurements

It’s a stretch but that outerwear does fit and it’s about a perfect fit.

One of the local dealers has one, now. I stopped buy to drool on it and he said that he had sold five of them. I don't think that they are the "R", though. He seems to be able to get them. I just cannot justify buying one, though, unless I sell some others!:dumb2:

If they had them around here I doubt anyone would buy one because nobody around here would work on it. I don't think even our Stihl dealer would mess with it...

If they had them around here I doubt anyone would buy one because nobody around here would work on it. I don't think even our Stihl dealer would mess with it...
After all I have said about my local saw shop, I still gave them my business. They are the only real saw shop that carries parts and works on newer saws within 100 miles. I was able to make the deal with one of the salesmen that doesn’t seem full of BS and we agreed that if anything goes haywire with the saw, we are going to figure it out together. It was comforting to me to peer across the greasy counter and look back at shelves full of cardboard boxes containing parts. They made up the chain for me. If this shop dies, we truly are on our own. I love to fix my own stuff, but parts and knowledge of equipment are what keep me coming back to the local shops.

After all I have said about my local saw shop, I still gave them my business. They are the only real saw shop that carries parts and works on newer saws within 100 miles. I was able to make the deal with one of the salesmen that doesn’t seem full of BS and we agreed that if anything goes haywire with the saw, we are going to figure it out together. It was comforting to me to peer across the greasy counter and look back at shelves full of cardboard boxes containing parts. They made up the chain for me. If this shop dies, we truly are on our own. I love to fix my own stuff, but parts and knowledge of equipment are what keep me coming back to the local shops.

What saw shop is this? Still nothing at RDO nor Murdocks in Missoula. :(

Back