STIHL? Forestry Helmet System

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got one, and I like it cutting firewood in my yard, but for working timber it's a bit too top heavy for me. Looking up to watch the tree, it wants to come off backwards. I wear a separate helmet and Bugz, like in my avatar. Forget climging in it. I climb in a Petzl with muffs.

I'm really more interested in how you got that little R in the circle....:biggrinbounce2:

I've got the peltor version and I won't go to the woods without it. I bought my dad the stihl hat for christmass last year and..............Hey wait a minute seems like I remember saying this once before somewhere.:biggrinbounce2:

Now go get yourself a set of them swedepro saw pants and you be in bidness.

Best two things they ever made for cuttin wood.:rock:

Next to the chainsaw. :greenchainsaw:

I've got the peltor version and I won't go to the woods without it. I bought my dad the stihl hat for christmass last year and..............Hey wait a minute seems like I remember saying this once before somewhere.:biggrinbounce2:

Now go get yourself a set of them swedepro saw pants and you be in bidness.

Best two things they ever made for cuttin wood.:rock:

Next to the chainsaw. :greenchainsaw:

I'm waiting till I stop growing to get chaps. And I'm not gettin any taller :hmm3grin2orange: I would be out of line to complain about GOOD cooking!

Good thing the helmet is adjustable.

I'm waiting till I stop growing to get chaps. And I'm not gettin any taller :hmm3grin2orange: I would be out of line to complain about GOOD cooking!

Good thing the helmet is adjustable.

I put a set of suspenders on mine and don't bother with the waist snap.:biggrinbounce2:

Congrats on the helmet. Just be careful of those plastic caps that hold wire hinge to the helmet they snap REAL easy. I haven't found any replacement parts, so I drove a screw through it to hold it together. Once you get used to a helmet you won't go without it! I have heard they are discontinuing that model because of that.

Mine snapped too. I used a tiny cable tie to repair it. My mesh screen is getting rusty from sweat dripping on it when I'm working and bent over in the summer.

Great idea and the crew loves them too specially when loading the chipper. No more face slapping with the whippers! Ive been using one (different makes) for years:biggrinbounce2:

I prefer the peltor one... and someday, when i get enough money il get the husky one with radio muffs...

:biggrinbounce2:

peltor ear protectors is what I currently use and prefer.

who's got the lowest priced peltor helmets?
ipod earbuds fit perfect under my peltor ear muffs

I prefer the peltor one... and someday, when i get enough money il get the husky one with radio muffs...

:biggrinbounce2:

OK, my entire christmas list is comprised of things I won't bring myself to buy but would really like to have. ( And most is chainsaw related) The stihl helmet was one of the things on my list I got this year and I wanted to use it a bit before I posted about it. ABSOLUTELY THE BEST THING GOING! I haven't used any other systems so I can't compare but the over all premise is a really good idea. It is actually comfortable to wear, I don't get crap in my eyes and the muffs really cut out the muffler mod on the ol 036. With a saw off I can still hear the old lady naggin at 30' so they aren't too quite. :hmm3grin2orange:

I don't go to the woods without anymore and really is a pleasure to wear. Finally a gift I'll use.

proacc_foresthsystem_co.jpg

'Cause the chicks dig it.

Yes this is a very nice Lid to wear...... Hmmmmm Seems Stihl forgot about the tree climbers that also wear them or anybody that would want to use a chin strap, you have to mod it to accept one.

Mine snapped too. I used a tiny cable tie to repair it. My mesh screen is getting rusty from sweat dripping on it when I'm working and bent over in the summer.

Those parts are available - and quite cheap. In fact, all parts are available. For some reason many dealers can't be bothered stocking them, but....

I've run a few different helmets and up till recently my favorite was the Elvex Pro because of the NRR. But more recently I realized I could buy a Peltor Lumberjack helmet (Baileys) and swap out the muffs for the regular Peltor 10 series muffs (which in my experience as by far the best muffs out there).

SO this modded:hmm3grin2orange: lumberjack system is now by far my new favorite. Quiet and very comfortable even with glasses.

And replacement pads are readily available for the muffs which restore them to as good as new for around $8.

Latest posts

Back