Stihl is WAYY better than Huskie

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder if anybody looked at the list prices on Huskys over at Amick's Superstore..

Husqvarna 575XP Chainsaw
List Price: $839.99
Reg Price: $789.95

Amick's Price: $699.99

My local Husky dealer sell's it for 805.00 and If your lucky he will throw in a extra chain....

And If your pricing saws by him never mention Baileys that is a very sore subject with him...

He told me thats the price ... He said I pay utilitys and wages, lease on building and all bills and Im not working for free...

Last edited:
He told me thats the price ... He said I pay utilitys and wages, lease on building and all bills and Im not working for free...

They told me that at Best Buy once when I was TV shopping ... my reply was do you want to sell it or let it sit on the shelf.

They sold it to me.

Wonder if anybody looked at the list prices on Huskys over at Amick's Superstore..

Husqvarna 575XP Chainsaw

My local Husky dealer sell's it for 805.00 and If your lucky he will throw in a extra chain....

And If your pricing saws by him never mention Baileys that is a very sore subject with him...

Funny Huh,
Baileys and Amicks both have the same bills as a independent does.
Nobody likes to work for free.

BTW, Your post are getting longer.:)

Husqvarna 575XP Chainsaw

Good post. So aren't we just concluding that internet pricing on husky, jonsered, and dolmar are cheaper than buying a comparable stihl, husky, jonsered, and dolmar from a brick and mortar store?

You can't compare a husky/oregon bar and chain to a Stihl
In Canada Oregon makes most of Stihls bars.
Stihl makes excellant bars and chain, but in my area after the initall Bar and chain wear out they are replaced with another brand as it is more cost effective,

Stihl makes excellant bars and chain, but in my area after the initall Bar and chain wear out they are replaced with another brand as it is more cost effective,

That must be a canada only deal. The US bars are made by Stihl and I think they last longer than others(not including cannon/woodsman pro)...you get what you pay for;)

Good post. So aren't we just concluding that internet pricing on husky, jonsered, and dolmar are cheaper than buying a comparable stihl, husky, jonsered, and dolmar from a brick and mortar store?

I think they are saying that Husky's are all over the board on pricing, same at my dealers. There is no msrp on husky saws:spam: :smoking:

That must be a canada only deal. The US bars are made by Stihl and I think they last longer than others(not including cannon/woodsman pro)...you get what you pay for
I dont know what markets other than Canada that Oregon produces Stihl bars for.
In general you are corerect that Stihl bars do indeed last longer. Assuming your not talking about the Stihl Laminated bars, which are no better than Oregons in my expierence. The real question is wether the increased longetivity is worth the extra money IE is it cost effective to spend more on a Stihl bar. The pros in my area dont seem to think so form what I have seen.

Last edited:

Stihl surely has the best laminated bars, much lighter than the competition - but I agree that they are not cost-effective, at about 2 1/2 times the cost of an Oregon Pro-Lite (here)........

That's gotta suck Niko... I can get Stihl ES bars here for cheaper than an Oregon Powermatch.

Gary

You are lucky, but I don't know the exact relationship for solid bars here, as I seldom buy them, just the 24" for my 372 - btw it did cost less than the laminated 18" for the 361.......

Last edited:
You're runnin' a hard tip on your 372? Is that what you mean by "solid"?

Gary

Nope, just a RSN one (Husky labelled Power-Match) - wouldn't want a "hard tip" one, as they steal power, even if it was free (well, maybe for a fence post).......:monkey: :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back