Stihl Ms 361 HP? 4.4 or 4.6?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farm Pro

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
How much Hp does the 361 have? US site says 4.4 bhp and Great B. says 4.6 bhp. Is the difference just in tuning or is there something more.

Just the USA/CDN?NZ/AUS muffler..

Port the muffler, tweak the carb and you'll be closer to 5 than you ever imagined!

Oh.... EU will be getting the restricted muffler soon enough ;)

Last edited:
I believe the european model has a less restrictive muffler. SawTroll would be able to confirm this. Mod your us model and you'll be at least up to par with the 4.6 bhp.

With my lakerized muffler mine only dynoed at 4.98...i was hoping to get 4.99. Can I get a refund? ;)

Does anyone do mods for the 361? if it was shipped to them? Not that I can't sorta do it myself, but if someone is already masteered it I would not be ashemed of using the knowlegde a greater man may have. I would hate to reinvent the muffler. Any suggestions?

LMAO!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Andy... you will never, ever, sound like Niko...

Man... my gut hurts from laughing.

Gary

Maybe so, BUT... that post (now gone) was supposed to be in the 084 thread!!!! I must have moved it while you were typing.:ices_rofl: l that will teach you NOT to quote it... ;)

Do you know if the o-ring is replaceable? I've seem to recall a few that I thought were just plain worn out.

Latest posts

Back