Stihl MS-361 vs MS-390

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between those 2 csaws I'd take the 880.....that was the question wasn't it??. 361 anytime but for a little more u could by a 441 I love my 441. so much lighter than my 880 lol.

I am looking to get my father a new saw(He is a stihl guy). I have narrowed it down to a ms-390 or ms-361. He has a farm boss 029 and cuts about 12 to 16 cords of wood per year. So tell me what you think and please stay on topic.

He knows that if you really love him, then you'll buy him a 441.:hmm3grin2orange:

Having used both and owning a 361, go with the 361! Much faster and seems to just chew through iron hard old oak with little problem.

Yes having a 660 would be great but for now the 361 works.

Yup!!!!!!

:agree2: :agree2: :agree2: :agree2: :agree2: :agree2::cheers:

As others have already said,,,, Muff Mod!!!,,, better performance,,, same power in a lighter pacakage,,, The Steel spring antivibe is wonderful for repetive fire wood cutting!!!!!!

Seems like a no brainer to me

Last edited:
Of course I'd much rather have a 361. But... A 390 is nothing to sneeze at power wise. They respond great to a muffler mod and are very strong runners. I bought one new 10-15 years ago as my first saw and never had a problem with it. I only sold it after finding AS and getting CAD, lol.

I see a 360 for sale in Brad's signature.........

Yes. It's the predecessor to the 361 and is a great saw. Better saw than the 390 and less money. I've got another 360 I finished up last night too. Both have been stripped down to the crankcase, every part on the saw cleaned, CC flushed, new OEM crank seals, and new pistons. If you don't mind a little paint loss, they're 100% ready to go to work.

I've never seen this topic on here before. Can we please discuss it some more?

Could someone interject some Husqvarna recommendations also to keep it moving even though he's clearly a Stihl guy?

UTFSE

Yeah it's kinda strange, usually by this time there is a steady stream of pro-Husky/Anti-Stihl replies!

Are you guys asleep! Let the brand bashing begin......now, ok......now......go ahead and start guys!

Yeah it's kinda strange, usually by this time there is a steady stream of pro-Husky/Anti-Stihl replies!

Are you guys asleep! Let the brand bashing begin......now, ok......now......go ahead and start guys!

We're keeping quiet. The Stihl guys got their feelings hurt and complained, I had to go to gay wad sensitivity training....

We're keeping quiet. The Stihl guys got their feelings hurt and complained, I had to go to gay wad sensitivity training....

If you were a Stihl guy, you could go to the normal sensitivity training, instead of the special one for gay wads........

Oh boy, on that note, I better log off and get something productive done :dizzy:

I have a ms390 25" oregon 72jgx(full skip) chain with a muffler modd.:jawdrop: It's a bastard of a saw cuts real fast keeps up with stock ms361's. Little tiring after a day off cutting thanks to the amazin little rubber doo dads for vibration. :monkey:Those are a joke.:dizzy::mad: but still fast mother :censored: for the price.:clap::greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back