Stihl MS261 or Husqvarna 545?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, I like the huskys too. Love the high rpms, and I just think they look better as dumb as that may sound. Lol

10-4, Good info bud. I'm not really a brand whore, I just like what works best. I do know that the 362cm is a bad unit...i ran one and was impressed! I haven't ran the husky equivalent thought.

10-4, Good info bud. I'm not really a brand whore, I just like what works best. I do know that the 362cm is a bad unit...i ran one and was impressed! I haven't ran the husky equivalent thought.
My favorite of all time for years was a ms440 for bucking oak with a 20".The balance was so great on that saw it felt lighter to me than a ms360 with a 20". Buy what's balanced best in one hand.

I'm with lowhog on this one. I also have a 261vII. It's a great saw. Mine's stock and pulls a 16" 3/8 bar buried in white oak very nicely. With the rakers at the softwood setting on the husky roller guide to boot. It starts super easily, warm or cold, idles great, nice throttle response, good grunt. If I was just limbing with it, I might like to try the 550, but for general use, I'm very pleased with the 261.

I have an early ms261 and it hasn't been used a whole lot but it needed everything, piston (cracked), coil, oil pump, bearings (one had missing cage), crank seals (pto side was busted), oiler gear. Hopefully they got the bugs worked out by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never ran a 261, but a good friend has a 260 pro. My 2013 545 walks all over it, BAD. It is just muff modded. I have an 18" and a 20" bar for it. It pulls both fine in oak, but it mostly wears the 18". I'm sure it would be just fine wearing a 20" in pine.
I have a 2016 mtronic 261. I feel a husqvarna 350 with a muffler mod has more power. The MS261 is the same physical size as my 357xp..

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back