Stihl Online IPL's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason they have bigger stihl displays is because stihl forces you to give them what they want as far as square footage to become a dealer. we looked into bringing stihl into our store in the beggining and they demanded 70% of our showroom and demanded that we buy countertops, diplays, and rediculous amounts of backstock worth around 50,000$ to be a dealer....we went with husqvarna, there tech support, warranty support, reps, ect are all better than stihl, parts come faster, and i have yet to run into an ####### in the husqvarna company. Stihl on the other hand, id be lying if i made that same statement.

How did you feel when people could buy a Husky on-line?
How do you get parts faster than the next day?
Last I knew you could get set up with Stihl for less than half $50,000
70% of your show room? I have yet to see any Stihl dealer have
anything close to using 70% of the showroom. Maybe 70% more
Stihls than Huskys, which is about the norm for someone that
sells both Stihl and Husky. Maybe it's a regional thing.

Sawtroll did you know that one of the best ways to stay in business is having people walk in the door. That guy wanting that little part he can't get online may well buy the 660 sitting on the shelf in front of him while he's in the store getting that part. Still think the policy is stupid, not thinking things through is kinda stupid but I forgives ya, :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I see your point, but on the flip side they are annoying potential repeat costumers.
Not everyone is on web forums where they can get help from fellow members at relatively short notise........

doesnt really bother me that they sell online, im the mechanic, i get paid my cushy salary whether we sell or not, which we actually do pretty well at for only being open for 2 months. i think it outweighs the fact that stihl is a hell of a company to try and deal with. stihl dealers may as well pay a guy to sit on the phone with them all day trying to straighten stuff out. just my opinion. all my dealings with them have been bad. the rep was an #######, the guy above him was an #######, the phone line people are retarded #######s...ill take the loss in sales not to have to deal with #######s all day long. Plus personally i think husqvarna has a better saw. THATS MY OPINION. im sure ill catch alot of #### for saying that but i really dont care, ill rep husky till i die of old age or one of my stihls chain breaks fail and i cut my head off.

I see your point, but on the flip side they are annoying potential repeat costumers.
Not everyone is on web forums where they can get help from fellow members at relatively short notise........

Repeat customers are annoying, :monkey::monkey::monkey:

Sawtroll nothing I like better than the man who buys the saw for winter wood cutting, comes back in the spring buys the trimmer and then come fall he's back to get the blower. Then later on here comes thier neighbors who tell their friends as well. Repeat customers are what all businesses want and of course Stihl has more repeat customers than anyone else thanks to that stupid policy of thiers,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

doesnt really bother me that they sell online, im the mechanic, i get paid my cushy salary whether we sell or not, which we actually do pretty well at for only being open for 2 months. i think it outweighs the fact that stihl is a hell of a company to try and deal with. stihl dealers may as well pay a guy to sit on the phone with them all day trying to straighten stuff out. just my opinion. all my dealings with them have been bad. the rep was an #######, the guy above him was an #######, the phone line people are retarded #######s...ill take the loss in sales not to have to deal with #######s all day long. Plus personally i think husqvarna has a better saw. THATS MY OPINION. im sure ill catch alot of #### for saying that but i really dont care, ill rep husky till i die of old age or one of my stihls chain breaks fail and i cut my head off.

Sounds like Stihl doesn't put up with alot of BS do they,hehe

Repeat customers are annoying, :monkey::monkey::monkey:

Sawtroll nothing I like better than the man who buys the saw for winter wood cutting, comes back in the spring buys the trimmer and then come fall he's back to get the blower. Then later on here comes thier neighbors who tell their friends as well. Repeat customers are what all businesses want and of course Stihl has more repeat customers than anyone else thanks to that stupid policy of thiers,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

and even with that policy and all there repeat customers Husqvarna is still a 6 billion dollar company, and stihl is no where near that....

OH MY!.............I think I see the problem, and I need to say no more.

and even with that policy and all there repeat customers Husqvarna is still a 6 billion dollar company, and stihl is no where near that....

Ewwwwwwwwwww 6 billion ya say, makes me wonder about those 2000 plus people they laid off awhile back and their negative margins in the US, yup your right, Stihl is nothing like that,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

No they just hire short fused idiots.

Speaking of short fuses don't blame Stihl , you should blame God for that and really blame him for no brains, man you are a trip, how old are you anyway, ya act like a 5 year old, wise up and go sit in the corner will for ya get spanked,LOLOL

Speaking of short fuses don't blame Stihl , you should blame God for that and really blame him for no brains, man you are a trip, how old are you anyway, ya act like a 5 year old, wise up and go sit in the corner will for ya get spanked,LOLOL

Im speaking out of real experiences with both companies. With husqvarna i get nothing but nice, But 2 years ago when a stihl's chain break failed on the saws 2nd time out and cut into my leg i had to argue with them for 2 months JUST TO REPLACE THE SAW. But with husqvarna when a new product fails, they tell me to take another one off the shelf for the customer, credit my account for the broken one, and ask what else they can do for me today.... Yes im alittle biased, but with good reason. And i blame god for nothing, its one persons and that person only's decision as to how they will treat other people each day. And there decision to work at a job they cant mentally handle.

Ewwwwwwwwwww 6 billion ya say, makes me wonder about those 2000 plus people they laid off awhile back and their negative margins in the US, yup your right, Stihl is nothing like that,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

And you know this because Husqvarna's business is open to the public. If a reputable company like husqvarna has that going for them, i wonder what skeletons stihl has in its closet :biggrinbounce2:

Sawtroll did you know that one of the best ways to stay in business is having people walk in the door. That guy wanting that little part he can't get online may well buy the 660 sitting on the shelf in front of him while he's in the store getting that part. Still think the policy is stupid, not thinking things through is kinda stupid but I forgives ya, :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Walk ins are great for business. I was at my stihl dealer the other day picking up a couple of chains for the 200t and a case of bar oil and I almost walked out with a brand new 390. Yup that 390xp sure was nice. Got to love a dealer that sells both stihls and huskys. Now if they would only start carrying dolmar.

Walk ins are great for business. I was at my stihl dealer the other day picking up a couple of chains for the 200t and a case of bar oil and I almost walked out with a brand new 390. Yup that 390xp sure was nice. Got to love a dealer that sells both stihls and huskys. Now if they would only start carrying dolmar.

We carry Dolmar :D come visit

I do have one more thing to say.

You want a copy of Media Cat!!!!!!

Husky can't get close to something like it can they.

No reason for Husky to have media cat, all their IPLs are readily available.

Which Stihls can be too.

But additude, has a lot to do with who gets what around here.

were dont have a distributor for stihl, we are not a stihl dealer, im talkin about the guys down the street that are a stihl dealer and takes them 2-4 days to get parts. we get our parts for all our lines overnighted.

Depends on your "dealer"... I go to a saw shop/logging supply store. Not a lawnmower/chainsaw dealer. I can get parts for Stihl saws the next day... if for some crazy reason it's not already on the shelf. I just rebuilt an 028 Super. They had the cylinder base gasket, fuel line, impulse line, multi lever, and new oil pump on the shelf. Not aftermarket crap... but genuine Stihl parts.

Consumables, like bars and chains are on the shelf. Stihl bars from 14" to 36" are stocked, and loops of chain to go with them. If the loop ain't already on the shelf in the box... 5 minutes and they will spin one up for ya. What ever Stihl chain ya need... they got. Sell it by the roll too...

Anything I need for my 044... the have on the shelf. Sometimes they run out of stuff... but they order it and it's there the next afternoon. Stihl NW distribution is the friggin' best in the country as far as I'm concerned. But the dealers have to have hlaf a brain to take advantage of them.

Gary

No reason for Husky to have media cat, all their IPLs are readily available.

Which Stihls can be too.

But additude, has a lot to do with who gets what around here.

Don't know if have used MediaCat, but IPL's are a very, very small part of it.

TT

Latest posts

Back