Stihl quality = bad

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF? You paid $800.00 for a MS211 that costs $250.00? That is outstanding. What kind of research did you do? You can buy a new MS 660 Magnum for only $999.00 with a 25" bar; I just did. BTW my first chainsaw was a $150 Poulan with a 16 inch bar. It lasted all of a year, was a ##### to start and it was a piece of junk. Threw it away and changed to Stihl over 20 years ago. No regrets!

He is not from the States, his dollars don't have the same value as ours, his country puts a tariff on imports, his taxation is quite obscene by our standards ...

Island nations don't have the same price shopping luxuries we take for granted here.

Taking all this into account, do you still feel the same way ???

The kiwis and the Aussies are always trying to buy their stuff here for those reasons.

Friend of mine lived in Christchurch for a bit. Beautiful but very expensive to live there is how he described it.

Last edited:
Ill be honest, I am not the biggest Stihl fan in the World, but I will say that they are very very nice saws. If you buy a cheap saw from ANY brand, you are gonna get a crappy saw. My mom bought a MS190 (not sure but I think that was it) a few years ago and ended up getting rid of it because it would not run right. Well, nothing could be done because it had non-adjustable jets. You can thanks the EPA for that. If your saw broke then take it to the dealer and I am sure they will do something about it. I am no admin, but I will say please don't run down other members. If you have a problem with a product, go on Youtube and complain.

Anyone with the name "Randy", is automatically an *******.:msp_biggrin:

You talkin' bout ?

attachment.php

I once saw a buddy tear his brand nw 460 down and take the dremal to the exhaust port, didnt do the intake, then took it back to the dealer to put back together :msp_thumbup:

Well i actually saw it after it was all in pieces, lol.

Latest posts

Back