Stihl quality = bad

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl quality = bad

Nothing particular with that - I guess we all know it, but the issue is about accepting it! :msp_wink:

That is because we choose to live in denial.

Yet every time I fire it up, it puts a big ####-eating grin on my face!

Stihl quality = bad

Nothing particular with that - I guess we all know it, but the issue is about accepting it! :msp_wink:

:hmm3grin2orange: NOW QUIT THAT!!!! Everybody finally got all settled down and they're laughing and scratching and having a good time. All the name calling, personal attacks, brand bias, unfounded rumors, and general discontent that almost sent this thread to lockdown, and several people to Camp, has fallen by the wayside.

Don't get 'em stirred up again Niko. Please.

You know a thing or two? Man, you're management material.

And don't worry about that moderator stuff...I just do it so they'll keep sending me AS hats. :msp_biggrin:

When do I get my hat?

I want the creamsicle colored one! With scrambled eggs on the brim!

If you didnt have that chimp with a pistol as a body guard Id tell you something boy!!!!:msp_angry:

He looks pissed too. :msp_wink:

monkey.JPG

You know a thing or two? Man, you're management material.

And don't worry about that moderator stuff...I just do it so they'll keep sending me AS hats. :msp_biggrin:

Hats???????

I wanna damn hat too. :msp_sad:

Look at this thread....I'VE CREATED A MONSTER!

Damn this thread exploded.
Reading some of the posts/dribble you "Grown men" come up with is mildly entertaining though. Yet some are just ignorant/dense and outlandish at times(not even going to mention the idiots)...get a grip it's a forum ladies.... like wow! Some of you guys need a bit more mongrel!

I see that some have "clicked" and have benefited from my experience and telling it how it was which is what I set out to do. :clap:

So off to the dealer :rant:

The dealer says its a fault on there part. Obviously has been over tightened from factory. They are going to repair it with "the oversized stud" method.
So I said will this repair last? Or just take me past my warranty then Im up "dirty" creek without a paddle...
He insists it will be fine.

I will see how it lasts goes when I get it back, as to weather I will ask for a complete new saw. Perhaps sell it when I get and get the MS 241.

Like I said Im not rough on tools I was taught to respect them and also learnt not to hog onto bolts as it's not required. Hell you can strip a magnesium thread if your careful enough.

I know you say it's a cheap home-owners saw, but that's all I need a quality home-owners saw I'm not an arborist, I don't cut down huge trees, I do like to cut wood and cut I do when needed. Firewood, clearing etc.
But really that stud is a MASSIVE weak point. The saw is great everything I need it to do yet I find myself looking at ALL of the home-owner saws and wondering who actually are they made for? They cant stand home-owner use...The components look like they will last a while with FRP (Fibre-reinforced plastic) on the handles etc. Yet where that stud locks I dont even think it is FRP. So had that been better engineered the saw really would be a nice home owner package.
Lets be honest even home owners will be adjusting that bar quite a bit.In fact it is probably one of the most important hard wearing parts the saw needs as it does get a work out.... One word "plastic"

Yes I got a dud, but really how long will this last without it being a dud....

I find myself at a point where a lot of you guys say it's to be expected but it shouldn't be the case. Basically your saying a home-owner now has to if they want a STIHL saw and not fall apart they should go a buy a Commercial/Pro saw just so it doesn't fall apart in 5 minutes... so you can actually use a tool and be happy its not on borrowed time

A nothing thing that amazes me is that STIHL have this so called bigger "stud part number" So they are aware it's a common fault or weakness with the saw.

This is all very similar to the likes of the 4th Gen Iphone with its useless aerial. A fault in design or weak point when you held the phone "naked" in your hand the aerial strength went weaker. There fix was to give out a apple plastic cover to fix there design flaw of the aerial...until now which they have fixed this issue by a re-design. Maybe STIHL will wise up....:chainsaw:

There will be more to come from this when I go back to pick up the saw...:poke:

You'll have to post a picture of Elvis naked with used wendy's grease in his hair before Thall will show up. :msp_biggrin:

Latest posts

Back