Stihl quality = bad

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya i agree..

Yep!! I sure miss skidding small logs with the old Kubota. Stacked it came out to about 6 cord, not bad for an evening of work with a little tractor.:potstir:

attachment.php

Yep!! I sure miss skidding small logs with the old Kubota. Stacked it came out to about 6 cord, not bad for an evening of work with a little tractor.:potstir:

attachment.php

Ya whatever tickles your fancy. If u cut and split 6 cords in one evening that is pretty impressive, but I doubt you'd be doing that by yourself.

Ya whatever tickles your fancy. If u cut and split 6 cords in one evening that is pretty impressive, but I doubt you'd be doing that by yourself.

Well there you go again. I skidded the logs in myself, then my BIL and myself cut, and split it using my huskee splitter, and his Lickity log splitter, man that thing is fast when it's working right.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Well there you go again. I skidded the logs in myself, then my BIL and myself cut, and split it using my huskee splitter, and his Lickity log splitter, man that thing is fast when it's working right.in

attachment.php
[/QUOTEgood deal. i'm still waiting for the big massive log pile pics ;).

Well there you go again. I skidded the logs in myself, then my BIL and myself cut, and split it using my huskee splitter, and his Lickity log splitter, man that thing is fast when it's working right.

attachment.php
i'd love to own a splitter for some of the culls a guy has with log loads, but i split 95% by hand and it is a lot faster imo.

The MS250 we cant get here any more but the new MS 251 which you guys will get soon has the same threaded plastic fella. That's the bad part.

Any clamshell (plastic case)saw will be of that design. Youll have to buy a pro model to get around that. I have put alot of use on homeowner saws from stihl and husky and never had this problem. You just got a bad egg. It happens

Heay now MS 250 is on of mine and ST fav saws :msp_thumbup:

I run the piss out of mine I don't know how much ST runs his tho :msp_tongue:

DSC_9345.jpg

Last edited:
Damn this thread exploded.
Reading some of the posts/dribble you "Grown men" come up with is mildly entertaining though. Yet some are just ignorant/dense and outlandish at times(not even going to mention the idiots)...get a grip it's a forum ladies.... like wow! Some of you guys need a bit more mongrel!

I see that some have "clicked" and have benefited from my experience and telling it how it was which is what I set out to do. :clap:

So off to the dealer :rant:

The dealer says its a fault on there part. Obviously has been over tightened from factory. They are going to repair it with "the oversized stud" method.
So I said will this repair last? Or just take me past my warranty then Im up "dirty" creek without a paddle...
He insists it will be fine.

I will see how it lasts goes when I get it back, as to weather I will ask for a complete new saw. Perhaps sell it when I get and get the MS 241.

Like I said Im not rough on tools I was taught to respect them and also learnt not to hog onto bolts as it's not required. Hell you can strip a magnesium thread if your careful enough.

I know you say it's a cheap home-owners saw, but that's all I need a quality home-owners saw I'm not an arborist, I don't cut down huge trees, I do like to cut wood and cut I do when needed. Firewood, clearing etc.

Yes I got a dud, but really how long will this last without it being a dud....

There will be more to come from this when I go back to pick up the saw...:poke:

Honestly, if you had used this tone with your OP this thread would have turned out entirely different.

Best of luck with your saw.

Any clamshell (plastic case)saw will be of that design. Youll have to buy a pro model to get around that. I have put alot of use on homeowner saws from stihl and husky and never had this problem. You just got a bad egg. It happens

Not any clamshell, small Echo saws have a metal insert molded into the case and won't pull out. Steve

Wow I can't believe the content of these last 20 pages.

Stihl has been using the same basic case and stud set up for it's homeowner saws since the 021 and others were first introduced more than 20 years ago. If this studs pulling out was a serious enough of a problem I'm sure that a redesign would have happened before now. I have an MS180 which just a smaller MS210/MS211. Mine has been to hell and back and the bar stud and plastic threads are still intact.

Gologit I have posted now too.

In before lock! :msp_w00t:

Not any clamshell, small Echo saws have a metal insert molded into the case and won't pull out. Steve

A far better design IMO.

Ladies and gents have a look at our STIHL site here
STIHL Products | STIHL | Stihl, Viking, chainsaws, brushcutters, hedge trimmers, clearing saws, high-pressure cleaners, lawn mowers, trimmers

NOTE--- the MS251,231 are classed as commercial grade here, with NOW only one bar stud. I sure wouldnt want to hang an 18" bar off one bar stud retained into plastic.

So between our countries your homeowner saws change into commercial grade for us!!
What is this magic!!

A far better design IMO.

Ladies and gents have a look at our STIHL site here
STIHL Products | STIHL | Stihl, Viking, chainsaws, brushcutters, hedge trimmers, clearing saws, high-pressure cleaners, lawn mowers, trimmers

NOTE--- the MS251,231 are classed as commercial grade here, with NOW only one bar stud. I sure wouldnt want to hang an 18" bar off one bar stud retained into plastic.

So between our countries your homeowner saws change into commercial grade for us!!
What is this magic!!

We don't have a 231,241,or251 here

Back