Stihl quality = bad

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanking you kind sir!:msp_thumbup:
I never meant to go off the deep end either with what I said so I apologize also 2dogs. Was never meant to come across knocking anything just I was very disappointed.
Through all of this there are positives though and some will have learnt to be very careful with these new saws. :msp_biggrin:

I also have a beer waiting for me in Cali now we are talking :cheers:

Im past it fella. All good!

Theres probably an apology due from me too, I missed 2dogs first post and had a go at what looked like someone stirring the pot and taking shots that weren't called for. At least it sounds like the saw isn't as broke as it was last night :clap:

It turned out to be an interesting thread. I definitely learned something, I'm not 100% sure what though..

There is a new MS231 as well.

The 023/230 has been on and off on different markets through the years - mostly off here, and it hardly was missed....

I new that ms180 was a boat anchor when I bought it but it's a guaranteed boat anchor for two years! :msp_w00t: in two years that saw will have paid for itself in firewood. After that I might take it fishin!

That is likely where most of the money is....

Doubtful at best.
With most any product the entry level items are low profit designed to attract the first-time buyer... the idea is to bring them into the fold where upgrading them in future (repeat customer), and parts/accessory sales, is where the real money is. It's no different than the marketing strategy with entry level automobiles, boats, campers, ATV's, and other recreational equipment. I seriously doubt there's a ton of margin built into a $300.oo (U.S. dollar) entry-level homeowner saw.

Hopefully some have learned Stihl is using thier name to sell low quality saws at a good profit. Way too many companys ruining thier name fast. Steve

Certainly. just as husqvarna has been doing for a while now. Rebadging all these offbrand saws with thier name on them and selling them as huskys. They all do it. Fact is that homeowner saws, though cheaper made, have rheir place too

Looks like a lot of pages got added since I went to bed. Did I pick up any new good names for my signature?

I got several for ya Fish........ :msp_biggrin:

They keep showing up like this though... :confused:

####ing #######

And this.....

#####

Then there's this one....

####head

What should I do???? :msp_unsure:

I got several for ya Fish........ :msp_biggrin:

They keep showing up like this though... :confused:

####ing #######

And this.....

#####

Then there's this one....

####head

What should I do???? :msp_unsure:
ha ha ha ha, thats great. Randy by the way you aint nothing but a ####ing ###hole, and a ###### ### ####!!!!! You get that.:msp_wink:

Is it just me? Or does anyone else miss those trunk monkey commercials every time they see Mastermind's avatar?

Latest posts

Back