Stihl quality = bad

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol it was getting embarresing all the E-high fives about neg repping, "i got em in the red now!" lol was getting very pathetic.

Yes I just read the whole thread and I was embarrassed. A mob jumped on the OP for expressing his frustration. Heck, I didn't know the 211's were so cheaply made and I've been reading these threads for 7 years. Good on OP for letting us know about an overpriced junky saw.... cream sickle or not.

Please let us know what your dealer says and does. I'm going to rep (positive) the OP.

Jim, it's kinda like never having a flat when you have a good spare.

I know the foodfight is over when you guys start talkin' lunch - I just finished fried chicken & garden fresh tomatos.

luck,greg

I'll match your MP5 and raise you an M60.

M60D.jpg

Guns ,chainsaws,fried chicken,and fights.It dont get no better than this.Well wait a minute,I aint seen a picture of a gal in a bikini in this thread yet.

I had never had anything but a pro-level saw in 40 yr. and then last winter I bought a 211 due to a huge bunch of limbing I was gonna be doing. I mean, tons of limbing from a storm blowdown in the woods here. I have now run 20-ish tanks through the thing and like it a lot for its weight.

However, the first time I used it, I was quite surprised at its "plasticness" feel and construction. I very nearly busted something on it the first time I fueled it up and started it and ran it a half hour. I immediately said to myself, "Whoa" and realized this saw needed some "easy" treatment compared with the 441 and other saws I normally use. So I haven't had any trouble at all.

All in all, it runs great, does the limbing job handily, is reasonably fuel efficient, and also is not a saw you'd want to knock around or drop on the ground. I've gotten over the initial disappointment in its lack of pro feel, and of course I did not pay for a pro saw so I am good with it. And I feel a whole lot better in my back and arms after a few hours of limbing compared with even an 036. I am liking more and more just typing about it here. And I am still not done with the storm-generated limbing.

chill, everyone has their own opinion and some of the guys here have opinion's that just make me sick
i understand where your coming from, my wife runs three group homes for the developmentally delayed..

with that being said

if you guy's don't stop the bickering we are going to lock you in room together with a bottle of Mr. beam's famous creation till you guy's sort out the problems..:msp_thumbup:

also, had a guy bring me a 211 with striped out the plastic out of the case, for both studs! he had a mess up the tensioner and thought he just hit with the 1/2" impact he would not need it well he was wrong.. just some jbweld and a new chain tensioner he was good to go

The 211 only has one bar stud.

I have been checking in on this thread from the start, and I think initially the O.P. was getting his arse ripped for no reason. But he held tough.

I personally have not worked on this model, I looked at it a few times as far as me eventually selling it's parts, and every time I held the saw in my hands, my mind just screamed, "WHAT A P.O.S.!!!!!!!!!!"

It is a damn shame that Stihl and **** is used in the same sentence, but it has happened before, and will again.

As far as member senority and name calling goes, very few have been here longer, and almost none of you has been called as many bad names as I, {except for Sawtroll, Spacemule, Cahoon, Lambert}..

I think I even had retard, and instine in my signature for a while.

Now being called an "Instine".... That really cuts to the bone.........

The 211 only has one bar stud.

Usually one bar is enough, stud... As long as it is well stocked.....

Naw, seriously. One bar stud tapped into plastic, that screams junk!!!!

I'll have to look at one of these turds. For that money, one could have a decent MS250, a real no brainer!!!

Now I was one of the biggest critics of the 029/ms290 series, called them junk and worse, but they have held up pretty dam well.

ms210/025 series, at least they had 2 studs...., but one stud in plastic is asking for disaster, as %95 of the Stihl dealers will put a new chain
on an obviously shot sprocket, and not say anything to the customer.

ms210/025 series, at least they had 2 studs...., but one stud in plastic is asking for disaster, as %95 of the Stihl dealers will put a new chain
on an obviously shot sprocket, and not say anything to the customer.
Now your gonna start stepping on my feet for saying that. I for one would never send a customer out the door knowing something is wrong or wore on there unit.

Holy fish balls, what the hell happened here? :dizzy:

This is almost as bad as that massive train wreck that two members here bombed a thread with. (yeah, I was one of them...)

That one was actually pretty funny though... it was definitely better reading than this thread anyhow...

Back