Stihl saw chain RS & RSK

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's square llisted as? We don't have a dealer that carries any but I'd like to order some

no L means its square ground, K means its the klassic chassis...I spose chadihman could be right that the rsk will give way to the rsl and square ground is the only way you will get the klassic type chain but as of right now, in my area, they are different chains. rsk and rslk. I would be interested in seeing a picture of the chain you have only marked rsl. you would be able to tell by the raker if its rslk or not.

Front one is marked RSL. Back is marked RSLHK. The cutters definitely look different. So do the drive links. Is it normal to have two RH cutters in a row on a half skip 72 DL chain?

i-p6DcSMn-L.jpg

i-Btwk3G9-L.jpg

i-tMTPKBH-L.jpg

i-wwdjLpd-L.jpg

i-rs6ckpt-L.jpg

i-t27PncB-L.jpg

RSL marked box:
i-nHpKCns-L.jpg

Last edited:
Either rslk or as chad said rsl...seems stihl is changing their labeling...again...as long as there is an "L" in there then it's square

I meant to quote moody here

Last edited:
Front one is marked RSL. Back is marked RSLHK. The cutters definitely look different. So do the drive links. Is it normal to have two RH cutters in a row on a half skip 72 DL chain?

i-p6DcSMn-L.jpg

i-rs6ckpt-L.jpg

i-t27PncB-L.jpg

RSL marked box:
i-nHpKCns-L.jpg

Nope I was wrong... this is the first I've seen square ground that isnt klassic..the rsl does not have the klassic style raker...your rslhk is rapid super square half skip klassic though...when did you get that rsl and what part of the country are you in?

Either rslk or as chad said rsl...seems stihl is changing their labeling...again...as long as there is an "L" in there then it's square

I meant to quote moody here

Thanks another member and myself were trying to figure out the change in the chain listings. I never knew what square was because it's not used around here.

Maybe they did away with the klassic chassis is the change now.

Maybe they did away with the klassic chassis is the change now.
I'll bet your probably right...they did away with the wide nose boring bars and they show klassic chain as good for bore cutting also so....

i-p6DcSMn-L.jpg

i-Btwk3G9-L.jpg

i-tMTPKBH-L.jpg

i-wwdjLpd-L.jpg

i-rs6ckpt-L.jpg

i-t27PncB-L.jpg

RSL marked box:
i-nHpKCns-L.jpg

your slhk box on left has the klassic cutters with the smaller rakers ,the one on right looks like rakers off round chisel to me

I am in North Texas a bought those chains last week. Kind of bummed I didn't receive what I ordered..... again.

Just to be clear, that RSL chain is simply a square ground RS....

I may need to try an order a standard RSK and see what my dealer receives.

I'll bet your probably right...they did away with the wide nose boring bars and they show klassic chain as good for bore cutting also so....

Well, I should have wide nose bar next week and now I really want to get some actual RSLK!

I am in North Texas a bought those chains last week. Kind of bummed I didn't receive what I ordered..... again.

Just to be clear, that RSL chain is simply a square ground RS....

I may need to try an order a standard RSK and see what my dealer receives.

That's correct your rsl is square ground rs...lemme know what your dealer gives you when you order the rsk...got me wondering...I'm still getting rslk

Well, I should have wide nose bar next week and now I really want to get some actual RSLK!

I noticed your using .063 gauge...I think I can still get a few wide nose in that size....050 is common in my area and can't get wide nose in that size

Well, if you can get 63RSLK72 from you dealer and are willing to ship I would like to get a few loops :)

No the link is good, I too am interested in this thread, going to have to buy couple bars and some new chains. So if I'm reading that right I want RSK

You want rsk if you want rapid super klassic...you want either rslk our rsl if you want square...rslk is on the klassic chassis and rsl appears to not be

No the link is good, I too am interested in this thread, going to have to buy couple bars and some new chains. So if I'm reading that right I want RSK

you need the L in the name also to get square shape H or F for the tooth skipness ,if you have some round chisel ,it can be ground square

I noticed your using .063 gauge...I think I can still get a few wide nose in that size....050 is common in my area and can't get wide nose in that size

What length? I just switched to .063 because no dealers around here stock 3/8 .050. Never thought moving would require new bar/chain combos.

I also have a 84 DL .050 3/8 bar... I was thinking of selling it but I would keep it if I could get a few RSLK loops for it :)

Latest posts

Back