Stihl saw chain RS & RSK

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your saw can pull full comp chain on your bar than it will cut better. If you have a rancher with a 24" bar you might want skip chain.

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

that's not true...rsk means rapid super klassic, it has a different chassis the regular rs...if it was skip chain it would be rsf. stihlusa.com

edit: you beat me yooper but you are correct, it is not skip.

Oops, knew it was something close, disregard my ignorance.

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

think one has less vibration, i use,or have used both,couldnt really tell differance that i remember....usually my dealer will have one or the other,sometimes will have both.....great chains,but some say they need sharpen more than rm chain,i cant say becauce all i have ever used is the rs,rsk......

RSK has a smaller raker and wider gullet. Its supposed to clear chips better. Its what my favorite dealer at home carries for full comp chisel chain over the RS.
yes that sounds right,think rsk is what i normally get too!!

no rsl is square ground...it will actually come rslk since they use the klassic chassis with square ground

Good info. I have been wondering this as well. I just ordered some square ground chain and they were only marked "RSL", does L imply a K?

no L means its square ground, K means its the klassic chassis...I spose chadihman could be right that the rsk will give way to the rsl and square ground is the only way you will get the klassic type chain but as of right now, in my area, they are different chains. rsk and rslk. I would be interested in seeing a picture of the chain you have only marked rsl. you would be able to tell by the raker if its rslk or not.

I ordered a 100' roll of rslk back in august and Stihl told me that rslk stock was depleted and its now labeled RSL and its the same chain.

fair enough...as it stands right now im still getting rslk...my apologies.

I ordered a 100' roll of rslk back in august and Stihl told me that rslk stock was depleted and its now labeled RSL and its the same chain.
can you still get just standard round ground chisel on the klassic chassis? it would be just rsk?

I'm not a pro at chain so I'm just posting what I've heard from Stihl. The lady on the phone told me RSLK was no longer available and that RSL is the new label but same as the RSLK. That was the first square ground I'd ever seen but others told me its just like the RSLK.

Sure...they just dropped the k...sorta like they dropped the c from rsc now it's just rs...i woukd imagine rsk would still be available to you which is rapid super klassic round ground

Latest posts

Back