Stihl saw chain RS & RSK

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
clemsonfor

clemsonfor

ArboristSite Operative
If your saw can pull full comp chain on your bar than it will cut better. If you have a rancher with a 24" bar you might want skip chain.

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

demc570

demc570

ArboristSite Guru
think one has less vibration, i use,or have used both,couldnt really tell differance that i remember....usually my dealer will have one or the other,sometimes will have both.....great chains,but some say they need sharpen more than rm chain,i cant say becauce all i have ever used is the rs,rsk......

big t double

big t double

Addicted to ArboristSite
no L means its square ground, K means its the klassic chassis...I spose chadihman could be right that the rsk will give way to the rsl and square ground is the only way you will get the klassic type chain but as of right now, in my area, they are different chains. rsk and rslk. I would be interested in seeing a picture of the chain you have only marked rsl. you would be able to tell by the raker if its rslk or not.

chadihman

chadihman

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'm not a pro at chain so I'm just posting what I've heard from Stihl. The lady on the phone told me RSLK was no longer available and that RSL is the new label but same as the RSLK. That was the first square ground I'd ever seen but others told me its just like the RSLK.

Latest posts