Stihl192T or Husqvarna T435

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I LOVE FIREWOOD

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I wanna buy a top handle saw today, but would like some input, I know thw husky has more cc but don't know how it holds up against the stihl? I won't be using it every day I'm just a home owner that is gonna use it around the house and maybe for friends and family, Thanks for the input

If you go to the Chainsaw forum on this issue.....you will get a lot of responses.

I know nothing about the Husky.

I have owned a 192T for about 3 years and I love it. I use a 12" bar on in and would recommend that you get that sized bar and use the narrow PMN chain - it cuts very well and the little cutters are very easy to sharpen with t file guide from Stihl. The 192T has plenty of power for limbing and I use it to cut stuff up to about 4 inches - then grab a bigger saw once I start getting to the larger limbs and trunk. The 192T is a great saw for clearing out the Honeysuckle and Locust scrub that grows like weeds around here.

Here is a link to a thread that I just posted on.....a lot of people think a top handle saw is dangerous and should only be used when climbing.....I do not agree.
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?p=2343225#post2343225

my 192t with the 14 bar does what i need it to do while in the tree. I never used the husky before, but i can say the 192 is a good saw for the price...

hi the 192 is lighter fast and stronger it is the best top saw on the market go 4 the stihl:agree2:

hi the 192t is about 900 and the 200t is about $1700 retail so only the big pro's need the 200 and most small companys just get the 192 so i do think the price count's :blob5:

I think that James 13 was saying that he thought the 192 was best for the money. I'm not sure about that because I have not used them both.

I recently bought a 192 and drooled all over the 200 while I was buying the 192. I would have REALLY liked to buy the 200 but it was almost twice as much money. Not being a pro using it every day, I just couldn't justify the extra dollars.

If I were a pro tree trimmer I would never have drooled all over the 200. Instead I would have bought it.

Now that I've used my 192 a good bit, if the 200 is any better, I don't think I could stand it. The 192 is so light and handy and easy to use I'm tickled to death with it.

That said, it could use a little more power, but I'm into muscle cars and I've never had one, no matter how fast, that could not have used more power. It's a "more you get the more you want" kind of thing.

As far as the Husky goes, I'm not in a tall timber area, so there are no Husky dealers very close. Closest one is close to 100 miles away. I had a Husky dirt bike many years ago and if their saws are as good as their dirt bikes, they must be outstanding.

My $0.02,

Back