Storm Cleanup in Ohio

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Storm hit our area last night. Power companys, vdot,and all contractor are out cleaning up. We was told to not expect power till........don't know.

Cool just got off phone with bro. He stated his gen runs but the capacitor went out at midnight last night. Just got a new capacitor installed and up and running again.

He said the area down there to him is worst he has seen and even worse then the ice storm in 2002-2003. Said bigguns down everywhere.

Storms are firing up again over Indiana and Illionois and heading east, good luck guys, keep an eye on the weather!

I just got back from my grandparents house, my 064/066, and my 460 got a workout and so did I I cut up a monster 40in plus oak and a couple smaller ones. We got a lot done but it will take another full day of cutting to finish cleaning up.

Everyone things I'm crazy because I collect big chainsaws.but today I was highly desirable lol

Utility pole laying in my yard, the one our service drops from. Had to cut some of it out of the road. Missed the house buy two feet. Who knows when we will have power again...

Good to hear you were spared damage, going without power sucks but having the roof damaged and open to the elements is much worse. I once spent 7 days straight from daylight til well after dark cutting out our community after a hurricane blew through here. I ran 5 of my saws daily and went through 28 gallons of fuel mix on that one. Lucky that I had the saws and enough gas to mix 50 gallons if needed. My mother was without power for 17 days after that storm.

storm damage

I was heading southbound on RT 77 this morning, leaving Canton, Ohio at 5:45 a.m.

By mile marker 60 in Ohio and well into W.Va. there were numerous large 20" plus oak/ash just broken 20' up the trunk. Numerous tops sheared off. Two rest areas closed, lack of electricity. Shoneys, Fuel Stops, Cracker Barrel, etc. closed due to no electric. Roads were open by this morning though.

Sure is nice to see Brad and others I'm sure, un-spoken heros jump in without question to help others out. That's what America was born of, and still is today....once you get away from D.C. and such.

Thanks to all who helped out. I did have a NIB 7900 heading home with me, but without a chain, only the Husky Lite bar, little good that would have been! Won't travel 750 miles without at least 50cc on board again.

Just got my power back for the first time since the storm ripped through Lancaster at about 6pm. A block from my house a five and a half foot diameter (at chest high) silver maple introduced itself to the house it previously lived in front of. 75 foot down the same block another house was de-porched by a biggun'. My wife took some pics that I'll get up eventually. Even closer still to my house a Saturn sedan tried to keep another huge maple off the pavement, with only partial success.

Got to show the townies the M-Tronic. Couple of my neighbors are actually somewhat saw savy - one GM's a sawmill and pallet operation, another works at AEP. My neighbor across the street is always the first out with his 60cc (non-pro) Stihl - forgot its model. When I started in with the 441C, he put his back in it's case and went home.

Glad to hear everyone made it through relatively unscathed. We lucked out here in NKY, most of it missed us.

Just got back from a fun 27 straight hours of running generators to Cincy Bell and AT&T's cell sites. Made it as far north as Xenia and Centerville, and they got smacked pretty good.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Here's a few shots of the damage, all walking distance (in fact within two blocks) of my house.

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

Typical maples keep the tree guys busy. I will never plant one anywhere but in open lawn areas. They seem to always be disasters waiting to happen. Good looking out for helping your people!

Here's a few shots of the damage, all walking distance (in fact within two blocks) of my house.

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

Was in Cleveland Thursday, and it had that weird feeling in the air. We were outside the whole day Thursday learning how to drop & hook, and the weather was hot but when we were done with school for the day the humidity weather was extremely high to me. I know Cleveland is 2-3hrs away from were u some of u guys live, but it felt strange Thursday night.

Latest posts

Back