String trimmer choices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am another Kawasaki fan heck it is the only 2 cycle that I have ever bought new and not managed to blow it up yet:clap:. Great trimmer and the power and balance are fantastic!

My apologies for never updating my own thread. :blush: I ended up buying the FS90 with the bike handles. That 4 mix engine does sound a little different, for sure. Its a good unit, starts in one pull when cold. Has more power than the ancient echo it replaced. All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with it. I need to make an extender for the shoulder harness. I'm 6'2" and even with the loop out all the way, the cutter is still angled nose down instead of being level.

The only new string trimmer I ever bought was an echo. Good machine. I recently got a Husky 232R(with handlebars) at a yard sale for 20.00. All it needed was a fuel line. Runs perfect. That's the one I grab now.

my 326 did that.

I started out with the Husqvarna 323L and really liked it, till it broke after ~1 hour of use. The flywheel spun off the crank shaft and tore up the clutch. The dealer repaired it under warranty and it did the same thing the second time I used it.

I have since traded up to the 327LS which it quite a machine. I have not found anything it can't cut with in reason.

Not to say that all 323L's are bad as my edger has the same power head and has never has a problem.

It was due to a bad Carb.

I like the 323 better.has never given me a problem in 5 years.

In my opinion when deciding to purchase a trimmer or any other piece of equipment, dealer support is one of the first things to consider. There are so many personal preferences on string trimmers. I would consider how the trimmer feels in your hands, is it balanced? How long will you be running the trimmer, 15 min or 2 hours. In other words if you have a couple hours of trimming each use then go for the lighter trimmer, it makes a different. What size fuel tank? Next, how easy is the head to refill with string? I currently own fs55,fs85, km110, fs110, 2echo srm 260s, 2 bcz 2600 redmax, and bought 2 new redmax 2650t this year. Weekly trimming they all work. I find the 110's tend to get heavy, throttle response is slower than others but always start and easy to restring. The echos are slower to start and cold natured, light weight powerful but the front engine cover gets hot and will burn my arm. The 2600s are very similar but feel torquer than the echo. The newest 2650s, all I can say is they stand above all others stated above for my style of use. Sometimes they take 10 to 12 pulls to start, the throttle safety can use some improvements, but the power to weight ratio is phenominal! The bumpfeed head takes getting use to but you can restring without taking apart. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Latest posts

Back