Stump Grinding Prices???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$45 min, $50 5ft circle $65 6ft circle $85 8ft circle $125 10ft circle.Stump and roots ground 8inches below grade. That's my bid on stumps cut low to the ground and no rocks to deal with. Also easy axcess with a grinder pulled behind a pickup. Also no chip hauling or cleanup of any kind, grind and go.

I used to tell clueless sales arborists that if they werent getting at least 4/inch they were selling stumps to cheap, never thinking they would take that as a guideline and use it for bidding. I go by the hour 125.00 an hour take it or leave it. seems high to some but RG-50 with sharp teeth makes quick work of small-med stumps.

I try to make around 200 an hour, that's just machine run time. I used to get my butt handed to me on the large elm and maple stumps. Not any more i shoot a bid on them high enough where i feel like i want the job. Always up in the nose bleed level.
I build all my own portable grinders that i use for portable work. My main grinder is a modified vermeer model 630 A with 65 hp pulling the wheel. It has 7 GBM webster hyd pump driving longer cylinders than factory and an automatic hyd clutch for the grinding wheel. I also had to widen the wheel base. I make my grinding wheels and have a patent on the hardware on the wheel.

Hi by all
I for myself have constructed in Exel the diagram, which helps to define the price.
These prices, if a more than one stump on a site, or tree which we have removed. We have Husqvarna SG 13 (13 hp)
For duly replacement of oil we count motor-hours. On the average it turns out 100$ 1 hour of work.

stumping

:confused: I will be renting a grinder next week and thinking 5 to seven on the big stumps to make profit and rental.but have one job that i have grind small hedge out and the 20 tiny stumps. i think a hourly rate me and the grinder . what do you think.

I sub out 90% of my stumps. I have a great stump guy, his minimum is $50 for less than a 20" stump. Like Murph said lots of factors in pricing but I've had plenty of $350.00 stumps (live oak 40" with lots of root flare). I recently sold a $1300 stump job --stumps only, no tree work. I had my man go out spent all day on 4 big daddy stumps, he made $1000. I made $300, both happy.
I'd hate to be in the stump biz, price gets way too cheap when not a busy time.
Greg

Latest posts

Back