Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You find them saw parts for me yet?

Actually, I sure did. I still gotta find a few more pieces though. I got em, just misplaced em :(

I'm 80% there though :)

Anybody have any use for a MS 391 P&C kit? Brand spankin new, but the cylinder was dropped and chipped two fins up top. Very, very minor damage. This is the whole kit, with piston, rings, wrist pin, circlips and jug. It would make an awesome upgrade to a 291 :)

Actually, I sure did. I still gotta find a few more pieces though. I got em, just misplaced em :(

I'm 80% there though :)

Anybody have any use for a MS 391 P&C kit? Brand spankin new, but the cylinder was dropped and chipped two fins up top. Very, very minor damage. This is the whole kit, with piston, rings, wrist pin, circlips and jug. It would make an awesome upgrade to a 291 :)

Isn't it on the 271 case and the 311/391 a seperate series?

Guys,

I am not sure if this is what this section is for, but here goes. I need a piston and cylinder (kinda interested in a Big Bore but anything in working order will do) for an 046, all bearings, gaskets, seals, and the shop manual for repairs.

you can call me at 304-669-5227 if you`d like.

I've got a low hour 460 crank and bearings out of a crushed saw, and I'm pretty sure I have a couple OEM gasket sets as well.

Okay, I am an idiot. I need a 625 crankcase. Madsaw sent me a perfect 630 crankcase but apparently it won't work with a 625. My fault, not his.

Anyone have a crankcase, or just the halves, for a 2-piece ignition 625? I have some stuff to trade. Hit me up with a PM if you have one.

Thanks!!

Okay, I am an idiot. I need a 625 crankcase. Madsaw sent me a perfect 630 crankcase but apparently it won't work with a 625. My fault, not his.

Anyone have a crankcase, or just the halves, for a 2-piece ignition 625? I have some stuff to trade. Hit me up with a PM if you have one.

Thanks!!

What's the alternative? Finding a 630 flywheel and ignition?

What's the alternative? Finding a 630 flywheel and ignition?

Not sure, it isn't the flywheel, but rather the intake block causing problems. Both cases use the 2 piece ignition but the block on the 625 mounts with 2 screws to the case. The mounting holes aren't there on the 630 case. I would drill and tap but there isn't enough meat on the case to get a good (or any) grip. I would try a different intake block, but that won't work because of no mounting screws in the cylinder.

I bought (or so I thought) a 34" Carlton close out bar for a PP655 from Baileys. The chain arrived today with an invoice saying the bar's cancelled and it's gone from the website. Long story short, I'm back to hunting for a 32"-36" bar for it. What's everyone got? Looking for a hi-flow intake setup for it, too. PM me.

Not sure, it isn't the flywheel, but rather the intake block causing problems. Both cases use the 2 piece ignition but the block on the 625 mounts with 2 screws to the case. The mounting holes aren't there on the 630 case. I would drill and tap but there isn't enough meat on the case to get a good (or any) grip. I would try a different intake block, but that won't work because of no mounting screws in the cylinder.

Ok, I haven't played with those much so I don't know the differences between the two. I'll hunt around for a 625 case here. There's some Jonsered guys in my area.

Ok, I haven't played with those much so I don't know the differences between the two. I'll hunt around for a 625 case here. There's some Jonsered guys in my area.

Thanks. I really only know about the 2-piece 630's. This is my first foray into the 625's. I thought all the 2-piece ignition cases were the same. Live and learn. At least I have the foundation for another good 630 project.

Thanks. I really only know about the 2-piece 630's. This is my first foray into the 625's. I thought all the 2-piece ignition cases were the same. Live and learn. At least I have the foundation for another good 630 project.

Yeah, the 625 used the clamp on intake boot like the 670.......Making the 630 case work would be a long list of changes....Bummer!

The 630's are all 1 piece ignition too, I believe.

A 1200 takes a KO95 bar which is a small mount husky. A 61 takes a 009 large mount.

Millions of KO95 bars around.

K... Anyone got a 16-20 inch K095 bar and chain they can part with?

I have some small mount stihl bars to trade fit the 009-012, 192t-200t saws 12-14in. Also have green cotton papyrus with pics of dead presidents on them to trade as well.

Thanks Guys!
PS: I got my flywheel nut on the way and happened to score a NOS oil cap in the process too!

anyone got a use for a set of nos rings for one of the little textron homelite top handles

Actually, I might. Have to go into the box it is in and check first. PM me and I'll reply back tomorrow when I pull the muffler and take a look. One of my real old saws, was thinking of getting it back running again, for grins, just because it was my one saw plan for so long. I think I overworked the lil guy....

Yeah, the 625 used the clamp on intake boot like the 670.......Making the 630 case work would be a long list of changes....Bummer!

The 630's are all 1 piece ignition too, I believe.

The confusing part is that the early 670's and 630's shared the same crankcase part numbers. The 670 used a different intake but must have switched sometime after 1987 but before 1993. I just assumed that the 625 would be the same, but you know what they say about assuming.

The 630's were 2 piece ignitions until the late 80's I think, or maybe the early 90's. I have 3 630's (1983, 85, 87) that are all 2-piece ignitions.

Latest posts

Back