Tell us about your weather

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Yurok next door said he was at Requa pumping water out of his boats and saw waterspouts off the mouth. The NWS says there might have been one by Trinidad, their radar peters out around there, so they aren't reliable at our end.

That sh*t is coming our way up the coast. Temps in the 30's next week which is damned warm in February in this country. That's a 50+degree warm up from last week.

light show with some boomers. don't happen here much. the last set should hit mid day tomorrow. thanks MR.

I slept through it if we did get thunder. I had the fan in the window. I may have to admit that winter is over and take off the down comforter.

About an inch of rain in the measurer from last night.

Woke up to minus 32f and 25f inside my shack. It's a toasty 60 now inside after getting the stove roaring.
It's great that wood is an inexhaustible resource.
It's supposed to really warm up by weeks end.

Wow, somebody turned on the faucet today! It's really coming down. Forecast calls for it drying out some over the next couple of days but I'm sure not seeing it yet.
Looks like today may be our wettest, calling for almost 3" locally. And my wife has me working in the mud this morning. At least I have tomorrow off, too.

I must be in a rain shadow. Nada today, so far, and I'll not complain. Now off to find where the Grapple Cat bedded down in the Pointy Trailer. Benadryl may be needed,
which will then cause coffee to be needed and a day of dependency.

I did dump a couple packs of old seeds on the old straw bales. Spinach and carrots. My kale survived all winter but the slugs have been chowing down on it. Must find slug bait. Icky critters are those slugs.

Raccoons and skunks are out. We have had 6 solid weeks of spring time temps. We have been running high temps between 15 and 30 degrees above average. The weather is just like mid April not February. I ran loader all day yesterday with the door pinned open and no jacket on. When we drove out of the landing at 5pm yesterday the mud was 5 inches deep. No trucking after 9am. It might be hard to get out of the woods in the crummy if this keeps up.

Oh yeah, did I mention that this was at 9950 feet elevation?

The weather has gone beyond strange and right into something directly out of the Twilight Zone.

Oh my! A do nothing morning of lounging in the sun. The sun is now high enough to clear the trees at 9:00. 57 right now in the shade, too hot for brown dog on the porch in the sun.

Back