thats it mother nature is a B

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And its worked so far...to keep the riff raff out. Soooo ya, stay away its really really bad!:msp_wink:

It aint the cold.
It aint the snow.
It aint the wind.

It's the whining. And no, I have no desire to live "on the plains". I need mountains and greenery.

Now, are you forced against your will to live there?

How about selling some saws and guns and going on a trip to the sun? We PNWers find that travel helps to keep us happy during the dark months. February is usually when we need it. I drove to CA for a nice fix.

But don't move here. Here it aint the cold, it aint the snow (unless you live in Seattle during a rare snow event) It aint the wind (unless we have another Columbus day storm--think typhoon) It's the newcomers whining about the dampness and darkness of winter.

Now I gotta go skiing or cut the grass.

I really had a good time in Portland over the July 4 week a bunch of years back. And we went to Seattle to get some fish. It’s a nice place. Too many weirdo’s for my taste. Got to have different folks in different parts of the country. This is where I am for now. I guess I wouldn’t call it whining just voicing my dismay it’s been a trying winter. Hell today we had a high of 25 things are looking up.

I fear summer. It's the time of year all the out of state plates show up. Wisconsin is so nice and peaceful the other 11 months.

Dang, the self-propel belt broke on my lawn mower this afternoon and I had to finish by pushing it by hand. The coyotes (I believe) only left feathers behind after my hens just resumed laying. Whine, whine, whine!

I fear summer. It's the time of year all the out of state plates show up. Wisconsin is so nice and peaceful the other 11 months.

I enjoyed living in Wisconsin except for that one month. I did the unthinkable and bought an airconditioner.
Got weird looks when I went into Lake Superior to cool off, but I had to do that after a day of work. You have awful humidity. Kayaking was good during that one month too but I needed to learn to roll my boat so I could cool off and I didn't.

Winter was great. The tourists went away, there was a granola (cross country) ski area nearby that I could run up to after work if I got my car shoveled out before dark. I lived close enough that I could walk to the office, so didn't have the car out of the heated garage. The downhill ski area was a bit lacking, but what could you expect? I knew how to dress properly from living on the cold side of our fair state--yes, it usually gets near or below zero in some of the valleys east of the Cascades, so the cold wasn't a problem.

I did miss the mountains. And it just isn't the scenery. When we have a heat wave here, we just head up to a higher elevation and get where the temps are lower. You flatlanders :) can't do that. Sometimes we even strap a pack on our backs and.....hike.:msp_ohmy:

I thought flatlanders was only a term we used. Yup the mountains are nice. Ive lived in the north south east and west every place had its ups and downs. I like the seasons so ive made home up here. In a couple mths. Everyone will complain about the heat.

I thought "flat-landers" were from Illinois. That's what the cheddar-heads in Wisconsin call us. LOL

Flatlander is the polite term we use around small children...:censored: Illannoys People, or FIP is the common term.

Some of ya ain't so bad, like most states, the further from tall buildings (grain elevators excepted) you hail from, the better.

We feel the same way about the tall building types. That's why I live out here in the sticks they haven't found yet. Kinda funny how my wife explains we're from the "other" side of the state.

Back