the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been moving stuff into the new property, just want it to be over. Will post pics when the internet is connected there - been doing everything through the phone for the last 6 weeks or so and it's pissing me off. Have decided that I'll need a ride on mower since there's a lot of lawn area around the house and using the 5 ft slasher is a bit rough. :crazy: So any recommendations? A zero turn would be nice but I can't really justify that sort of coin, Also would prefer not to have a Briggs & Stratton motor, unfortunately most mowers come with those engines. :buttkick:

Is it rough going?

Been moving stuff into the new property, just want it to be over. Will post pics when the internet is connected there - been doing everything through the phone for the last 6 weeks or so and it's pissing me off. Have decided that I'll need a ride on mower since there's a lot of lawn area around the house and using the 5 ft slasher is a bit rough. :crazy: So any recommendations? A zero turn would be nice but I can't really justify that sort of coin, Also would prefer not to have a Briggs & Stratton motor, unfortunately most mowers come with those engines. :buttkick:

my greenfield 32 inch cut nice solid OZ made and honda motor its does have a rubbish turn circle but you work around that the price is steep but will last. I used heaps of other in mid deck styles and reckon its best the low seat height allow getting about and under trees much easier .

my greenfield 32 inch cut nice solid OZ made and honda motor its does have a rubbish turn circle but you work around that the price is steep but will last. I used heaps of other in mid deck styles and reckon its best the low seat height allow getting about and under trees much easier .
That's because the 32 has no diff the 34 and soon 42 have a rear lockable diff. My E2000 is a 16/32 deluxe so it has a diff even though it's a 32. We sell mostly 34 b&s single 21's as they have all the extra and still a half decent motor. They had Kohler twins for a while and a 20 was not far of the price of a b&s single but they dropped them because in oz Kohler isn't big like b&s is. Yes Greenfields are dearer but again you get what you pay for. I have a greenfield tractor 11 which is 30 years old and had a hard life and still cuts great and had a dozer blade to boot! Any thing USA made you will soon start making up the price difference in belts, pulleys and broken mandrels.

l kinda wish l could go back a few decades and buy a few 2 stroke push mowers that don't break your back lifting it onto a truck. The new heavy four strokes suck, its no wonder they are self propelled as they way 45+kg. l have a honda hru196 little commercial thing that cost over 1K and it has cable ties holding the control wireing in place:surprised3: l think the body will fall to bits long before the motor needs work. lts like push mowers have got progressively worse in the last three decades. Rant finished!

l kinda wish l could go back a few decades and buy a few 2 stroke push mowers that don't break your back lifting it onto a truck. The new heavy four strokes suck, its no wonder they are self propelled as they way 45+kg. l have a honda hru196 little commercial thing that cost over 1K and it has cable ties holding the control wireing in place:surprised3: l think the body will fall to bits long before the motor needs work. lts like push mowers have got progressively worse in the last three decades. Rant finished!

I rebuilt a old victa for a bloke the other day cause me specifically wanted a light twostroke with decent power rings bearings orings gaskets ect came in under $100 bucks. I find the Honda mowers the heaviest tin based old victa the lightest and best value for money

That's because the 32 has no diff the 34 and soon 42 have a rear lockable diff. My E2000 is a 16/32 deluxe so it has a diff even though it's a 32. We sell mostly 34 b&s single 21's as they have all the extra and still a half decent motor. They had Kohler twins for a while and a 20 was not far of the price of a b&s single but they dropped them because in oz Kohler isn't big like b&s is. Yes Greenfields are dearer but again you get what you pay for. I have a greenfield tractor 11 which is 30 years old and had a hard life and still cuts great and had a dozer blade to boot! Any thing USA made you will soon start making up the price difference in belts, pulleys and broken mandrels.

What he said.

I rebuilt a old victa for a bloke the other day cause me specifically wanted a light twostroke with decent power rings bearings orings gaskets ect came in under $100 bucks. I find the Honda mowers the heaviest tin based old victa the lightest and best value for money
I have two Victa 2 stroke mowers for sale $90 each, both good runners with catchers but I cant sell them.
It's all the cheap crappy Chinese mowers driving the prices down.

IMG_7549 (Custom).JPG

I rebuilt a old victa for a bloke the other day cause me specifically wanted a light twostroke with decent power rings bearings orings gaskets ect came in under $100 bucks. I find the Honda mowers the heaviest tin based old victa the lightest and best value for money[/QUOTE

With parts still readily availible, its far from a stupid idea! l think a properly gone through old victa is a good idea. l do get my honda blades by the 100 for about $150 to my door which last 6moths to a year. Not too much flat pretty lawn where l am. So blades would have to be availible at a fair price for this to work. l think as mentiomed thers alot of good ones around to be had for not much monies. l am cleaning a vintage partner r-16 l got from a gumtree seller in a maccas car park. Such nicely built tools for the age. My dad had a partner so l always wanted one after his got stolen when l was a kid.

I have two Victa 2 stroke mowers for sale $90 each, both good runners with catchers but I cant sell them.
It's all the cheap crappy Chinese mowers driving the prices down.

View attachment 399781

There were a few power toque models at the tip the other day but were far out numbered by bunnings and masters chinga junk. Victa are just so damn cheap to fix and tough at nails

ah the victa 160cc for want of better words my career began as 14yold when mowing my nature strip a lady stopped said can i mow her lawn... short time later i had about 4 to five yards on the go mowing,, pool cleaning, washing cars and started doing tree work, i was the richest $$ kid in school. I may owe that 1973 Victa 160cc so much or i should go back in time say no and find my other life leads me to be happy coke snortin advert executive with a office full of lingeree models

a whole week off and wot have i got done mostly f,all or half done half baked projects

the new chook house which was number one slipped its contract dead line, I'll be served a show cause notice. Too my defense the specifications were constantly reviewed and adjusted by dear wife and I frigged about trying to make it from all recycled or pinched parts. i still got the fit the wire on fence posts and hinge the gates so 2 days of rooting around to go

you'll notice the kids old bunk bed now a gate.

WP_20150201_004.jpg

Latest posts

Back