the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flippty heck i got one under an house roof eave weekend but need to climb a fence walk over shed roof and spray up and under I'll be in me bee suit so safe but still with escape plan b & c

A 12-year-old boy has found what is believed to be the largest European wasp nest in the world, on a property at Karoola, north east of Launceston in Tasmania

As far as targeting wasp nest on properties across the southern part of Australia, Mr Fearn offered a note of caution.

"You can't go anywhere near a nest like this during daylight hours as the wasps defend their home rigorously" he said.

"There could have been more than a hundred thousand wasps in this massive nest, so we had to wait until nightfall when the wasps were dormant."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-...t-found-on-a-property-in-northern-tas/6367536

Ivan had **** stored everywhere one brother was sus as ****. The other hated Ivan with a passion and there was a sister who's sus as well. I have camped in belangalow its creepy
48FF375A-7C8C-40C6-994C-61AB3E9241B1-89-000000008282884C.jpg

I know the place well, growing up in Robertson (<spuddies southern Highlands) going to moss vale high, I had many friends around the place from Bargo, hilltop mittagong to marulan out canyonleigh and all around the place, we all hitched around the highlands back in the 90's and had many drunken stoned adventures out balangaloo, we even rented the old farm house just of the freeway on the way into Balangalo ,we new the back roads well from riding dirtbikes and old rally datos ,firetrails hooked up from marulan to bargo running threw Ivans hunting ground, Angelina a girl i worked with at Bunters Carpets had a property next door to one of the Milats hunting propertys out near wombeyan caves .........anyhow i recon we passed Ivan in the forest on many occasions before he was arrested

I guess we never got picked up by Ivan cause we had no backpacks ,Just a Goon Bag and ounce in our dacks lol

Edit: Ivans like -nahhhh 'fuk it' there good ol local boys- I wanst me feral vermin

no but if some was to fall off a truck i,d give it a go :)
If some does I'm happy to talk you through it, you need f-all. 20ml per kg of meat, and I used to freeze the meat cubes in an ice tray. 1 cube would take a nest. And if you can't find the nest you can bait. I just put it in a bird cage.
If you know a white ant guy hit him up.

If some does I'm happy to talk you through it, you need f-all. 20ml per kg of meat, and I used to freeze the meat cubes in an ice tray. 1 cube would take a nest. And if you can't find the nest you can bait. I just put it in a bird cage.
If you know a white ant guy hit him up.

i tried to get bug dust gear off my local go to pestman he says sos no go its all licence controlled. i got my chem cert ticket but dont buy gear with it. Is the Fipronil similar to this pellet form chewing bug stuff its on ebay where i found my lead for local liquid Carbaryl.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Carbaryl...21?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item4adf3999e5

The wasp nest for tonite turned out to be bees so it was left alone

i tried to get bug dust gear off my local go to pestman he says sos no go its all licence controlled. i got my chem cert ticket but dont buy gear with it. Is the Fipronil similar to this pellet form chewing bug stuff its on ebay where i found my lead for local liquid Carbaryl.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Carbaryl...21?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item4adf3999e5

The wasp nest for tonite turned out to be bees so it was left alone
Roger that.
It's liquid fipronil you want. I don't get any very often - but when I do I'll have a think about how to post some.

ta the thought:cheers:, thou pls dont get busted by the chem plods for me as i reckon i got enuff juice for few years now :)
Yeah. It's just a personal bug bear with me.

Thing is fipronil was a low volume chemical for whomever originally patented it, after it was misused in the USA and caused some mass bee deaths.
(they were aerial spraying crops of canola, and bees would take it back to the nest and kill the nest).

The rights were sold on to several different chemical companies and it got shuffled around the market until a few years ago when it's patent ran out.
Here in Australia chemical registration costs a shotload for each use and it seemed like each time it was nearly through trials for use as a wasp bait it got sold and the trials were dumped.
It got as close as being prepped in tins mixed with meat (looked like little tins of dog food) at one stage - roughly 1998-2000. And then it was sold on again.

It'd be the perfect solution to euro wasps, but the numbers don't add up to get it registered, because there won't be 1000's of litres of chemical sold that way. Although the apvma will issue a clearance to use it for euro wasps - who the f will go to the trouble for each job?

King Island (off tassie) is euro wasp free after the tas dpi got clearance for a mass baiting program there and wiped them out.
Guys from the dpi would go to viticulture field days and give demos in tas. "Now this is off label chemical use, and you shouldn't do it. And this is how you do it, step by step. Nod, nod, wink, wink"

If Matty1 comes along he might add some more to the story, as he might remember more of the details - I'm just happy it works.

Latest posts

Back