the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Far from that cool lol, imagine what a job it would have been to get all those sheep to pose with sunnies on. To good for me

No problem. It was a sunny day.

Reminds me of a good mate who grew up on his father's farm in Ceduna. .very marginal land and he had some sheep...mate gets home from work and all the sheep are spread out around the paddock, normally they would always flock together but this night they were spaced out, quite literally.....they'd broken through his temp fence and eaten his marijuana crop...lol, he was pretty upset at them for that.

yo derwoodii, theres a tree down on frankston dandy rd. north of the new bunnings.. not on the road. fell into other trees.

1. ta that Vince the fire wood hunters may deal with it before we need to, tho sound safe secure nuff so it can wait

2. I wos wondering just today what will become of the Masters site once it goes belly up bust after Bunnings beside opens it doors

3. gezz my sons a crafty as his pa he's snuck into the coolest party on the peninsula tonite,, drop him off its all pomp and door names so he just sly's it though the staff gate

http://www.peninsulahotsprings.com/2015/06/29/Hot-Springs-celebrates-10-years

1. ta that Vince the fire wood hunters may deal with it before we need to, tho sound safe secure nuff so it can wait

2. I wos wondering just today what will become of the Masters site once it goes belly up bust after Bunnings beside opens it doors

3. gezz my sons a crafty as his pa he's snuck into the coolest party on the peninsula tonite,, drop him off its all pomp and door names so he just sly's it though the staff gate

http://www.peninsulahotsprings.com/2015/06/29/Hot-Springs-celebrates-10-years

Good on him there would be a few sluts there for sure. Oops I mean good sports

OK, so they now use chippers with longer chutes. I guess this gives more opportunity to stop the machine before any body part can actually be dragged in, not to mention making it less likely in the first place, but where the heck do we draw the line between abject stupidity deserving of poor outcomes, and corporate responsibility?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...ker-loses-leg-in-wood-chipper-firm-to-pay-59k

In my opinion, the worker should have been prosecuted, and fined so the taxpayer can recover the costs of his treatment and prosecution, unless the employer actively encouraged such reckless behaviour, which is unlikely to be the case. If it can be proven the employer turned a blind eye to such behaviour, then fair enough. Likewise, any other workers on that crew who did or noticed that being done in the past and said nothing to the boss about it should consider themselves complicit.

OK, so they now use chippers with longer chutes. I guess this gives more opportunity to stop the machine before any body part can actually be dragged in, not to mention making it less likely in the first place, but where the heck do we draw the line between abject stupidity deserving of poor outcomes, and corporate responsibility?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...ker-loses-leg-in-wood-chipper-firm-to-pay-59k

In my opinion, the worker should have been prosecuted, and fined so the taxpayer can recover the costs of his treatment and prosecution, unless the employer actively encouraged such reckless behaviour, which is unlikely to be the case. If it can be proven the employer turned a blind eye to such behaviour, then fair enough. Likewise, any other workers on that crew who did or noticed that being done in the past and said nothing to the boss about it should consider themselves complicit.

That's a special type of retarded

That's a special type of retarded
As is the law here if it ever allows corporate manslaughter charges while not mandating an adequate level of self-responsibility. I'm all for any bastard being held to account be they an individual or business, but the above example would appear testament to how utterly ridiculous the law can get, and how little it does to solve any problem other than that of keeping officious H&S people in active employment dreaming up greater ways to keep themselves in the job of saving us from ourselves.

Why employ people when the costs of doing so could so easily involve not just being fined into bankruptcy but lengthy spells behind bars? If diligently accounting for the costs and risks of meeting even the most ridiculous of H&S rules and any subsequent charges for breaking rules that could never outrun Darwinism, the business owner, in a position of far greater competency than Harry Homeowner, will be pricing themselves out of the market. The net result will not be a reduction in harm, merely more home owners and dodgy buggers who don't follow any of the rules filling A&E rooms or coffins.

Does anyone else suspect that when they declare a reduction in workplace accident stats as a resounding success, the increase in homeowner accidents and bankrupt workplaces are swept under the carpet?

But seriously who the **** uses there leg to clear a chipper
This guy's brother?
Darwin.jpg

I agree mate. If all safety guards were in place and the company had given proper training there is no way this guy should have been able to get that level of payout. Unbelievable.

Back