the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
High speed jet not adjusted right maybe jimbo, better mechanics here than me who will chime in I'm sure.

It'd be the first thing I'd check.

A 7901, never heard of them - google says a 79cc saw, with a 32" bar in eucalypts - I must have missed the tongue in cheek.....lol

JMcF, 30 years out of a saw and you give the brand away, crikey mate I find that hard to please, anyway good luck with the new one and keen
to hear how it goes for you.

Hey, my hilux is a 1984, and I love it but I reckon my next bus will be a Mazda BT50.

My favorite deer rifle which I have had since 1978 is my old .303(and all I could afford at the time and it has NEVER let me down) but I am looking seriously at a Tikka in .308 for March.

I was able to weld very successfully with a 3phase MMA transarc but my new portable inverter does the same job and is portable.

The list goes on and on, why should chainsaws be any different?

Opinions:

MS381 stihl for $1625, Makita DCS7301 for $1150 or DCS 7901 for $1325.

I run two small makita/dolmars an 038Magnum and a 311 at the moment, I have been waiting two and a half weeks for a brake band for the 038 and am sick of not being able to get stihl parts. The only problem with the Makitas is there is only one service agent in our area, I was favouring another stihl as this one has given nearly 30 years service but am sick of waiting for parts and the Makitas are so much cheaper.

I run a hard nose 24" on the 038 for dirty wood and a 20" Tsumura for everything else. I would probably go simply for a 24 " Tsumura if I bought the Makita(the makitas only come with a 20" laminated lightweight job).
A week? I can get most things next day... Between the options given... I know this will shock most coming from me but the dolkita 790x or a bit more in the Stihl and get a 461, superior air filter else add $150 ish to a dolmar price for a HD kit

The filter on the 661 is better by leaps and bounds than the 461.

Buy some grease and smear to fix
It is but still better then anything else too. Matts been hammering his chinga 660 with a HD2 in some pretty average gear and seems to be holding up well. I use one in my early 066 and no problems. We have just had a heap of price changes. Bars and chains have gone up again but looks like quite a few spares have come down. Ie hd2's have come down quite a bit so time will tell what else has changed

******** I'm all over it and my stubby holders will be in stock next week

Why stop at stubby holders,,,, what about a line of huge shiny belt buckles like the cowboys wear.
You could have different levels of manly buckles depending on how much the customer sucks up to the builder whilst getting his mods done.

just thoughts,,,,, no hint or anything

Yeah he needs compulsary urine testing I think for his level of service.

Thing is with dealers and their representatives, some are much better than others, just like everywhere else.
Even an average joe type dealer is impressive to some other less than satisfactory dealer or personnel.
So to be placed at the top means the dealership in question must have qualities the others have not even thought about or have forgotten because of attitude.
Stick your chest out Benny and stand tall, you have the backing of your clientele which is great.

We in our town are lucky, 2 dealerships on opposite sides of the road, they both get on with business and help each other.
Amazes me sometimes the pettiness of some customers who will not take his saw for repairs to say the Stihl shop because of some reason but will run it across the road to the husky man and runs the stihl chap down.
So what does the husky guy do, simply walk across the road and get what he needs to fix the thing, tells the stihl man who owns the saw and so on, this happens all the time and plenty wont go to the husky shop so the stihl guy does the same thing.

Story short, there are many dealers who don't do their job ethically or morally correct (just thinking about themselves and making easy money) but all dealers put up with a minority of complete ''SAW WITTS'' or FU*KWITTS in other words.
I could not handle dealing with the public like they have too.

Thing is with dealers and their representatives, some are much better than others, just like everywhere else.
Even an average joe type dealer is impressive to some other less than satisfactory dealer or personnel.
So to be placed at the top means the dealership in question must have qualities the others have not even thought about or have forgotten because of attitude.
Stick your chest out Benny and stand tall, you have the backing of your clientele which is great.

We in our town are lucky, 2 dealerships on opposite sides of the road, they both get on with business and help each other.
Amazes me sometimes the pettiness of some customers who will not take his saw for repairs to say the Stihl shop because of some reason but will run it across the road to the husky man and runs the stihl chap down.
So what does the husky guy do, simply walk across the road and get what he needs to fix the thing, tells the stihl man who owns the saw and so on, this happens all the time and plenty wont go to the husky shop so the stihl guy does the same thing.

Story short, there are many dealers who don't do their job ethically or morally correct (just thinking about themselves and making easy money) but all dealers put up with a minority of complete ''SAW WITTS'' or FU*KWITTS in other words.
I could not handle dealing with the public like they have too.
The only thing I'd add is you don't need to tell Benny to stand tall. That dude makes me feel like a midget, and I'm 6'

The only thing I'd add is you don't need to tell Benny to stand tall. That dude makes me feel like a midget, and I'm 6'

Another reason why he needs urine testing. He should be on the pro basketball scene instead of in a chainsaw shop.

waaahhtt my chinga's 5200 will zing one of these days i've done heaps to the ports i do have to still do a gasket delete from about the .040 that its on now
3 pre and 3 post

Same as the rok I did the other day just you have a few more cc to play with. It made it almost a nice saw to use just a shame the rest of the machine is junk

Latest posts

Back