the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skip for sure...Will be using it on the 461.

I don't think we have an equivalent Tsumura in the light style here yet but will give him a call.

Thanks

Can't help you with a lightweight bar sorry mate. I'd have to get either a Sugihara or Tsumura lightweight in from the states and the price is crazy now.

2f6f3315188451a427054d791c35aeaa.jpg

Can't help you with a lightweight bar sorry mate. I'd have to get either a Sugihara or Tsumura lightweight in from the states and the price is crazy now.

Thanks Matt.

I thought that was the case.....the Stihl looks like a good option at that price....never thought I'd say that...

Been working on the lawns today ripping out weeds.....I've got a number of different weeds giving me grief and the main grass I planted is kikuyu (similar to cooch i suppose)I have some clover coming through in places too but that doesn't bother me.....tested glyso on it with a broad leaf mix sprayed but it knocks out too much grass.....

I'll post some pics of the main weeds........the Oracle likes to cut the grass every two to four weeks and likes it really short....maybe that's an issue to, I don't know....

Just looking for an easier way to deal with the weeds than manual labor....

All suggestions welcome....pics of weeds to follow

Thanks Matt.

I thought that was the case.....the Stihl looks like a good option at that price....never thought I'd say that...

Been working on the lawns today ripping out weeds.....I've got a number of different weeds giving me grief and the main grass I planted is kikuyu (similar to cooch i suppose)I have some clover coming through in places too but that doesn't bother me.....tested glyso on it with a broad leaf mix sprayed but it knocks out too much grass.....

I'll post some pics of the main weeds........the Oracle likes to cut the grass every two to four weeks and likes it really short....maybe that's an issue to, I don't know....

Just looking for an easier way to deal with the weeds than manual labor....

All suggestions welcome....pics of weeds to follow

If you want to knock Clover out of lawn use Dicamba/Kamba M.

I also hope Bennie, that when you put the rod into the cylinder, the piston was a snug fit, & for your sake, I hope you've read all the oil threads & you had the correct amount of lubrication when you started to 4 stroke, so you never suffered a lean seizure or scored the bore ;) ;)
All the best mate, I hope things turn out great 4 you n the wifey.

The weeds

Don't want to knock out too much grass....selective spray, broad area spray, wipe on?

I have 11 ltr of fresh sump oil too...can I wipe this on or not a good idea?20150905_165950.jpg20150905_165909.jpg20150905_164452.jpg20150905_164350.jpg20150905_164336.jpg20150905_164319.jpg20150905_164302.jpg

The weeds

Don't want to knock out too much grass....selective spray, broad area spray, wipe on?

I have 11 ltr of fresh sump oil too...can I wipe this on or not a good idea?View attachment 445224View attachment 445225View attachment 445226View attachment 445227View attachment 445228View attachment 445229View attachment 445230

Go a selective broadleaf spray like Kamba. That will knock basically all of those out of your grass. Not sure what the top weed is but it ain't a clover. Sump oil won't work.

Go a selective broadleaf spray like Kamba. That will knock basically all of those out of your grass. Not sure what the top weed is but it ain't a clover. Sump oil won't work.

Kamba it is....do I need to be careful what I spray or just cover the lawn with it?

Do I need to mix in a wetter such as pulse?

I plan on throwing more lawn seed down probably in a few weeks...should I give it more time to seed after spraying...

I know nothing about this stuff but am good at killing everything when required....lol

Kamba it is....do I need to be careful what I spray or just cover the lawn with it?

I plan on throwing more lawn seed down probably in a few weeks...should I give it more time to seed after spraying...

I know nothing about this stuff but am good at killing everything when required....lol
id do the whole lawn and a wetter is a good idea
you can seed when you planned but if your using a wide leaf grass seed you will not be able to use kamba agean if that stuff grows back.

Virtus Machinery have the Stihl 36" ES Light bar back in stock now for $200.... $60 each for matching Stihl chains and $14 for postage to my place.

Anyone know of any better alternatives?

It won't get used a whole lot but will be handy and more importantly safer felling larger trees that the 28" bar needs a few goes at........

Can't get rid of these >>>>>;):lol:
That's cheap. They are over 300 rrp and chain is around 1.20rrp a link now

Just a standard wetter is fine mate. Just check the label thoroughly first though (that's my disclaimer ;))

http://www.nufarm.com/assets/23747/1/KambaM51802160511.pdf

Back