the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah they do sound good, nothing else like it. And yes hard to find, this one was a cheapo on gum-tree... ("yeah its runs great") but on closer inspection there were some issues lol. Had chewed up some internals and the oil pump made a nice grinding paste with it. So full rebuild was required which I learnt was not so cheap on this particular engine. But all good fun in the end.
Good stuff. How hard are parts to get for them now?

That's a ripper. I been looking for one of those for a while to run a generator down at our shack (mainly just for the sound they make [emoji2]) but they're not that easy to come by.

Got a Honda generator here surplus to my needs...it's done 40hrs and easy ones too. GX390 donk and 5.5kw gen set......large fuel tank electronic start with 12v bat charger buikt in if your interested.

I'm not keen to sell it though as I could never get what it's worth...bought it for one job and never used it again, just fired it up every 6 months to keep it oiled.

Thought about pulling the donk out and putting it into a homemade logsplitter but easier and cheaper to go the millers falls job.

This little fella is also done after some assembly and a quick spit and polish. It even started on the first crank, I got a fright lol

View attachment 454604

that's an interesting rebuild and paint job, you said a little expensive, I wonder what a 9hp Lister would cost to rebuild.
Here is my Gen set after the flood had subsided, taken just after letting the water and oil out of the sump, it was maybe 3 feet under water for perhaps 6 hours.
Which believe it or not is now running and producing power, the starter and alternator has been changed, oil has again been changed since draining and refilling.
DSC00866 (640x480).jpg

that's an interesting rebuild and paint job, you said a little expensive, I wonder what a 9hp Lister would cost to rebuild.
Here is my Gen set after the flood had subsided, taken just after letting the water and oil out of the sump, it was maybe 3 feet under water for perhaps 6 hours.
Which believe it or not is now running and producing power, the starter and alternator has been changed, oil has again been changed since draining and refilling.
View attachment 454615

Nice one Neil, that looks like a later model. Single cylinder? They are tough thats for sure, nothing like the highly engineered modern stuff that would not survive where some Listers have to.
It all depends whats needs doing, it may just need some rings and de-coking which is not overly expensive.

Oh yeah and that green is the factory Lister colour we had mixed up.

tired of tipping your tanks, weary of cleaning your bilge well super sucka may help. I just used to clean the sludge from 2 animal pen water tanks
easy enuff worked better than thought sure if you got a sludge pump or dont mind empty and tip & clean is better but this got 90% of the bottom goo

Ozzie made use your garden hose fit 19mm poly the ventri pulls it 2+ m up easy an out took a mo to best sort the how too method then 2000 litre tank bottom is done in 10- 15min

View attachment 454601
View attachment 454602
That is a mini version of a setup we have on a water pump on the farm [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting project 2snut, based on a trotter frame & running on a 12V pump with 3 m. cover ?
Thought about something like that for years but never got it happening, well done mate :)
thinking of the 12v pump but i just plug it into my backpack and pull it around for now i dont have much land 4h and all the padocks are fertilised

Talk about a got-out-of-jail-Scott-free card for the convicts in that game against the brave Scotts who were robbed. Robbed I tell ye. Joubert might have reff'ed his last big-time international game after that penalty, which would be a shame as I think he's better than that.

:)

Onwards, to the Southern All-Stars Cup semi finals, which must seem like exhibition matches to the shell-shocked Northern hemisphere-ians.

Got a Honda generator here surplus to my needs...it's done 40hrs and easy ones too. GX390 donk and 5.5kw gen set......large fuel tank electronic start with 12v bat charger buikt in if your interested.

I'm not keen to sell it though as I could never get what it's worth...bought it for one job and never used it again, just fired it up every 6 months to keep it oiled.

Thought about pulling the donk out and putting it into a homemade logsplitter but easier and cheaper to go the millers falls job.
Nah all good, thanks anyway chippy. I've got a Robin that does a good job, I would just prefer the sound of a nice old lister ticking away than a Jap 4 stroke. Ha ha.

Finally got my old STIHL 031 AV up and running
Ive had it apart for quite awhile but Sent it away to get done
So I owe many thanks to Vince for all the time and hard work he,s put into it
It didnt look very good when i sent it, oily and dirty , it was a bloody mess
So all the credit is his
Many thanks Vince:clap::clap:
So heres a pic after his hard work

Attachments

• IMG_1933[1].JPG
    IMG_1933[1].JPG
    612.3 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts