the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speeking saws, I was asked if I had any spare 125 petrol tanks,,,,, oh dear there may be a mac stepping into the arena soon. I told him if he puts one in I will do the same just for sh*ts and giggles.
Oh and that's a great idea with the fridge, time will answer that one for you.
And I just sold mine pending payment

I throw like Forrest Gump does differential equations, so bought an apta - I'll take any measurements you like. When I looked at building it I struggled to find seamless tube for the barrel or a big enough reamer.
It's very easy to avoid over shooting, just run the line through my left hand and grab it at the correct height.
Thanks.
Never heard of APTA before, so googles and youtube. Quite liking this guy's tweaks too:

Might have to see if I can find enough parts for one.

Cool vid, thanks. Some of his ideas make sense.
A laser pointer would be nice, but I throw mine in the back of the truck and I like that it's pretty much indestructible at the moment.
His pressures seem high, 70-80psi gets me all the height I need most of the time. 100psi for high shots or if I have to bash through canopy. I'm tapping the bag in like he does, but I squash it against the ball valve with a rake handle. Like packing powder in a muzzle loader. I find that the most consistent and allows the lower pressure. Cheap push bike pumps are good to about 120-140psi, so that works for me.
The ball valve is stiff, but you get used to it. I can't imagine you'd be strong enough to climb if you couldn't use the ball valve effectively after a few practices. I might try a butterfly valve - but I'd imagine it wouldn't be a great idea to pack the bag hard against it - which he avoids with his reducers.
I'm shooting bazooka style, they send it with a handle zip tied to the pressure chamber that you can rest on your shoulder. That leaves my right hand on the valve handle, left hand on the barrel and the line running through the palm of my left hand.
While any improvements are good, I hit what I aim at about 75% of the time at the moment.

Just as another idea. Might suck if it's a windy day.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/toys-models/radio-control/other/auction-986454634.htm

425426254.jpg

Thanks. Yeah, seen that but they are not cheap. $170 just for the head
BigShotHead_Lg.jpg

But I'm thinking about buying a water balloon launcher for $35
218521832.jpg

Then make up a set of horns like the big shot but ones that will take the handles on the balloon launcher, mount it to the end of an extension pole (will drill some holes to pin the sections so they don't collapse under load), and perhaps come up with some sort of trigger mechanism.

But it's not as much fun as the spud gun type of launcher. Am not sure how easy it is to aim the spud guns.
i was thinking more alongs the line o bangin one up :innocent:

I couldn't be any worse than the US air force's drug/alcohol-abusing drone pilots targeting "fun sized terrorists" (civilian children).

sadly some truth awful the non combats KIA dont help any claim for moral high ground,,, if bad guys would not hide behind kids and mums & pls dont whoop and hoohar like its a game when killing we might get this over with faster less innocent grief

Back