the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed the first lot of pics I have a 65 on the shelf maybe the only one in the country

cd3428c586a42787a02dda1637b894d0_zps9608a40a.jpg

Here's some Open Teams Post Ripping action from Glen Innes on Saturday.
Will & I Travelled & Teamed up 4 this event, we had both cut well throughout the day's events, & finished it off with a win amongst quality company....enjoy!

was that log wood harder than most comp logs it looked to be tuff and fibers hanging on

was that log wood harder than most comp logs it looked to be tuff and fibers hanging on
The post billets all day were New England Blackbutt.
It is quite firm, & does splinter like that all the time.
We were all starting to feel the pinch a little by then, as 90% of us had raced 2 consecutive wk ends, approx 20hrs racing in 2 days.
I for 1, am not as fit as I was 20yr ago! :)

Do the rules allow the chainsaw man to cut them out postie ?

The team closed the cam. had a hell of a job getting them out with bars and in
the end the saw might have been quicker - from my arm chair any way :D

Do the rules allow the chainsaw man to cut them out postie ?

The team closed the cam. had a hell of a job getting them out with bars and in
the end the saw might have been quicker - from my arm chair any way :D
Yes they are allowed to cut them out, but only 1 guy at a time on the billet whilst sawing is in progress.
2 Fella's can use the bars at once though:)

Yeah right...........lol

Thanks postie for the answer, he'll get better as he learns it all.

Might just be a tad quicker than me already :envy:

Tractor is in for a service. Asked for a breakdown of costs before they do it. Without exception, everything is more expensive than what their parent company sells to any Joe Farmer (who hasn't already spent many tens of thousands of dollars with them already buying a tractor) through another of their parts websites. Call me a tight arse but I hate having to second guess people around me.

Here's an example of what they are trying on. They list 3x4lts of engine oil at a per 4lt price. There is no way they are not decanting from a drum or tote, so should be charging a better per litre rate. Engine capacity is 9l, not 12. At the per 4ltr rate, it works out at about $211 for 20L when 20L from their retail parts website is $121.

Am awaiting another price from another vendor before getting back to the tractor dealer with my concerns. Just a bit disappointing.

Back