the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the oil at the car service places they get oil in 1000lt cubes but chage per the 4 ltr containers pricks
Yeah, the margin on margin approach risks doing more damage to customer relations than anything else. I don't give a rat's arse if it's 'industry standard practise'. It's a rip and makes me lose trust in the people I'm dealing with.

Yeah, the margin on margin approach risks doing more damage to customer relations than anything else. I don't give a rat's arse if it's 'industry standard practise'. It's a rip and makes me lose trust in the people I'm dealing with.

And that's why I do everything that I possibly can, even if I haven't done it before I just do it myself...takes me at least 3 times longer but I get the bits at wholesale and know the jobs done properly eventually.....

Better the money in my pocket than somewhere else I say.

And that's why I do everything that I possibly can, even if I haven't done it before I just do it myself...takes me at least 3 times longer but I get the bits at wholesale and know the jobs done properly eventually.....

First service has to be done by them. Others I'll do myself if I can. But, part of the deal is they don't charge labour on the first service. Doesn't stop them trying to claw some of it back via creative parts/oil pricing though.

Right now, the weather is crap here, so a perfect time to be doing this myself if I could because I can't be cutting trees. Instead, will be doing the clutch cylinder in my ute - I think the piston seal is on the way out.

But to be honest, there are times when I just don't have the time, at which point as much as it hurts for them to do it, it would hurt more to not be cutting trees. This isn't one of those times though.

came of the the road bike today at 100km came away with a twisted knee my falt iv been doing overtime abit tierd and lost concentration bike came away with a bent foot brake and a one busted and bent back shock.

lucky, unless the knee is more than just a twist. Mine is phucked, and it ain't no party.

came of the the road bike today at 100km came away with a twisted knee my falt iv been doing overtime abit tierd and lost concentration bike came away with a bent foot brake and a one busted and bent back shock.
When it all goes wrong on a road bike you have to consider yourself lucky if you can still wipe your own arse in my opinion.

Look about right?
198d0c4d660def94577dfc2c5df694cf.jpg
yeah mine is about 1/2 an inch longer :D that one should be fantastic.

next question.. whats the trick to re assemble. pretty straight forward? join up and stretch around.

Im the same champ
They come up with this ya wont be covered by warranty bull **** unless done by a dealer,if they can prove the problem came from when i changed the oil myself than fair enough.

yeah mine is about 1/2 an inch longer :D that one should be fantastic.

next question.. whats the trick to re assemble. pretty straight forward? join up and stretch around.

Put a 395 clutch on it, that's what I'm gonna do to the 2101xp that'll show up this weekend.

Im the same champ
They come up with this ya wont be covered by warranty bull **** unless done by a dealer,if they can prove the problem came from when i changed the oil myself than fair enough.
Legally here, they have to release the exact specs of consumables, cannot lock you into specific brands, and if you can find an aftermarket brand and/or competently use your own labour, they cannot weasel out of the warranty. The onus is on them to prove you screwed up the servicing or used a part/filter outside of their written specs.

The issue is whether you have deep enough pockets to fight them, and then fight the aftermarket supplier for misrepresenting the specs of any product they sell that isn't up to the specs they say it is.

I've just ordered the required oil from another vendor and will supply the dealer when it comes in. $120 saving on the exact same brand and types of oils. I will order another set of OEM filters and keep them on the shelf, using aftermarket filters instead unless the tractor needs to go back for warranty then I'll swap the OEM filters in, so there's no headaches.

lucky get better soon

the bike death numbers are way high about Melbourne past 6 weeks

Put a 395 clutch on it, that's what I'm gonna do to the 2101xp that'll show up this weekend.
I'll keep that in mind. But will go with the clutch spring for now from Will if he is so inclined [emoji16]
The rest of the assembly looks ok.
A big branch came off the tea tree over the fence and path. Just so happens to have the 2100 in the boot. A bit heavy for limbing but worked [emoji12]

Rest up and see the physio about ya knee. Apparently it's important to see them after a big off for rehabilitation purposes. I took 10 days to at xmas and they weren't impressed. Typical blokes.. Ahh she'll be right. Just need a few days for it to mend. [emoji50]

Latest posts

Back